This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New to H1 - a couple of questions

Started by Alexander Egebak, April 27, 2015 · 5 Replies · 216 Views

Alexander Egebak

Hi all.

 

A couple of questions arose when I watched the course videos.

 

What would the weight be for the iM 1-6, and what would the weight be for PE after HS PE 3?

 

Would it make sense to work both shoulder flexion and extension in the same workout, like pairing iM 1-2 and 3-4 until you can perform full dislocates?

 

For all the bar movements is a shoulder wide grip what we should strive for?

Alan Tseng

-For mastery purposes 5 lbs, for end goal: 45 lbs

 

-Exactly the same as F1, don't substitute exercises or iM.  Worry about mastering iM1 first then 2, or iM3 first then 4.

 

-Shoulder width grip for shoulder flexion/extension.  Shoulder +1 hand width grip for shoulder dislocations

Alexander Egebak
Alan Tseng said:

-For mastery purposes 5 lbs, for end goal: 45 lbs

 

-Exactly the same as F1, don't substitute exercises or iM.  Worry about mastering iM1 first then 2, or iM3 first then 4.

 

-Shoulder width grip for shoulder flexion/extension.  Shoulder +1 hand width grip for shoulder dislocations

Thank you.

 

Can you give an explanation as to why both cannot be worked at the same time? I see very little overlap.

Edgar Hernandez Celli

I suggest you concentrate your efforts on the iM you are working actually. I dedicate two days a week to H1 in the moment PE1 and iMPE1. On the other hand i am working one day a week on the other mobility excercises, in my case im working on standing dislocates undergrip and overgrip, and the static standing shoulder flexion. Hope this gives you an idea on how you can approach H1 mobility.

Alan Tseng
Alexander Egebak said:

Thank you.

 

Can you give an explanation as to why both cannot be worked at the same time? I see very little overlap.

Since you're at the level of HS/PE1, worrying about future iM's is a distraction to what is your actual deficits right now.  It may seem like working on both at the same time is fast-tracking your progress, but true fast-tracking is mastering PE1>iM now and then dedicating all your efforts towards PE2>iM.  If you've extra time, use the extra time on supplementary exercises to use for mastering PE1 faster

Alexander Egebak

I am on PE2 now building endurance in the headstand hold. And also, my shoulder extension needs some work due to tight biceps.

 

I just do not see a reason as to why these have to be separated if you have good work capacity, when dislocates uses both later on, and when I want to maintain my good shoulder flexion, while working on my extension.

 

But I got your opinion, thank you.