Weird Planche

Started by Krel, April 27, 2015 · 5 Replies · 1,790 Views

Krel

Proper Planche = fully depressed and protracted scapula by GST standards.
 
Nevertheless, I've seen a very interesting video today, look at the second Planche (1:26) :


 
150427062046526524.jpg
 
Incorrect scapular position by GST standards but it is not so bad despite the lack of PPT and the unpointed toes.
 
A regular Planche looks like this (lack of PPT too :lol: ) :
 
150427062952542430.jpg
 
What do you think ? New exercise ? Useful exercise ? Useless exercise ? Shitty preparation ? Dangerous for the joints ? Leads somewhere ? Leads nowhere ?
Alan Tseng

I think that's a Maltese rather than a Planche

Cole Dano

That's a Maltese (also know as Swallow) on Parallel Bars.

Alessandro Mainente

Also wrist strength plays a big role here. I have a friend who is able to hold it on pbars but not on rings.

Krel

Good to know. I never thought about Maltese performed on PB !

cHiTu

Maybe its not useless but if i see someone do this ( where i go to train i mean ) and after that i do a full planche he will go home so...

I think is more cute too see a full planche than a "full maltese" or what type of planche it is.