This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Straddle up MN/PE2, weighted pancake stretch vs jefferson curl?

Started by texas_ed, April 26, 2015 · 8 Replies · 405 Views

texas_ed

I know you're not supposed to change the program, but I can't help thinking that the weighted pancake stretch would be a better iM for straddle ups (MN/PE2) instead of Jefferson curls.

 

My range of motion for the straddle up is poor, I the angle between my torso and legs is pretty big.

 

Any thoughts swapping weighted pancake stretch for Jefferson curls? Even if the answer is "no."

 

Thanks,

 

Ed

Coach Sommer

No, you may not substitute iMs.

 

It is fine if you would like to add some additional mobility work of your choice after your workout.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Chris Garay

Hey texas_ed, the Middle Split Stretch Series is pretty rockin' for your Straddle-ups however!

texas_ed

Thank you Coach! I'll continue as prescribed.

 

Ed

Coach Sommer said:

No, you may not substitute iMs.

 

It is fine if you would like to add some additional mobility work of your choice after your workout.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jeremy Huston

Throw a couple non-weighted pancakes into your warmup to make sure your body is ready to achieve its (current) full ROM.  Do the JC IM as prescribed between sets.  And after your work out, have fun increasing your ROM with weighted pancakes.

Murray Truelove

To piggy back off this question, what should I do if I don't have the passive flexibility to sit in a pancake?

Currently I'm just sitting up and lifting my legs as high as I can (maybe a few centimetres) while straddling as much as possible (maybe 60°).

Cole Dano

Murray, can you start a new thread with your question?

Murray Truelove
Cole Dano said:

Murray, can you start a new thread with your question?

I'll bump my old post that was the same question.