This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE2 Bent Hollow Body Rock form check

Started by MattiasF, April 26, 2015 · 6 Replies · 190 Views

MattiasF

It spent far too much time figuring out FL/PE1, so I thought I would ask for some help on this one. I have been stuck at 4x30 for about 3 months, a couple of weeks back I realized that my tempo was far too slow, almost 3 s per rep which would mean 3 min total for 60 reps. Therefore I have been trying to correct that and reducing flicking, but it has led to some problems with keeping the angles constant. Furthermore, in PE1 I can also keep my stomach relatively flat while breathing, but I'm having a hard time with that here, does it matter?

I'd be very happy for any feedback.

Form some weeks ago (with some flicking):

https://youtu.be/jVf9ra2wKFk

Form today (with less flicking, corrected angles a bit after about 5 reps, and with bonus football at the end):

https://youtu.be/AovTdRo0pqE

What are the major issues?

Cheers and thanks!

chuchodani

I think the only issue is the angle hip, fix that and you got it !

Cole Dano

You're pumping form the knees, one way you can feel it is to watch for when your hips pop up at the end of a rep.

 

Notice that ton some reps this doesn't happen, and it's a nice smooth rock. That's what you want. Smooth.

MattiasF

Thanks chuchodani, any good tip on how to find and keep the angle without a mirror?

Thank you cole, excellent advice, a very good que to keep in mind. I actually thought it was good thing to see the hips pop up :-)

I will continue to work on it, and post an update in a couple of weeks.

Jon Douglas
MattiasF said:

Thank you cole, excellent advice, a very good que to keep in mind. I actually thought it was good thing to see the hips pop up :-)

Straight hollow body rocks look like a sort of perpetual motion device. Constantly rolling smoothly downhill :)

MattiasF
Jon Douglas said:

Straight hollow body rocks look like a sort of perpetual motion device. Constantly rolling smoothly downhill :)

Hehe, you are quite right. Looking forward to the first car "Powered by Gymnastic Bodies" with a GB athlete doing hollow rocks in the back seat :-)

chuchodani
MattiasF said:

Thanks chuchodani, any good tip on how to find and keep the angle without a mirror?

Thank you cole, excellent advice, a very good que to keep in mind. I actually thought it was good thing to see the hips pop up :-)

I will continue to work on it, and post an update in a couple of weeks.

After did some sets in this element I've understand that is a matter of awareness of where your body is, like in a HS. You can definetly feel the difference if you start the exercise in one position and ended up on another.