This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jefferson curl variations

Started by prozach, April 25, 2015 · 5 Replies · 267 Views

prozach

It seems like once your pike is pretty darn good and you're working with some higher weight there would be a lot of room for some variation to emphasize different things (with reduced weight of course).

Some that I've thought about are wide legs, toes elevated to emphasize heal stretch, single arm for some crazy anti-rotation, maybe different grips, different degrees of turn out (fifth position JC anyone?)... I haven't actually tried any of this yet, and I don't want to murder my body but I would think if you're smart and cautious about it there might be some good transfer. Thoughts? Words of caution? Anyone tried this?

Dylan Robertson

I think doing single arms with a bar would be pretty cool. Though, you should have. 1x BW Curls before you mess with stuff like that. I think working up to 3/5x5 1-Armed BW Jefferson Curls would be pretty dope.

Alessandro Mainente

Be careful with single arm movement. if you have previous body unbalance you muscles will compensate. For this reason I limit the single arm element of those that Coach previously experimented on hundreds of people.

Jeremy Huston
prozach said:

different degrees of turn out (fifth position JC anyone?)...

A new business opportunity -- Ballet Bodies

Alexander Egebak
Jeremy Huston said:

A new business opportunity -- Ballet Bodies

Sounds catchy.

 

When is B1 coming?

Cole Dano
Jeremy Huston said:

A new business opportunity -- Ballet Bodies

 

It's already taken :(

 

5th position J-curl? Balance would be tricky, I feel a face plant coming on.