This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GTG pull ups

Started by Maeren, April 25, 2015 · 9 Replies · 271 Views

Maeren

Well im studying like if my life was in danger.

im working foundation saturday and sunday morning.

 

And im doing study cycles with 25 mins study 5 mins rest , i literally eat , sleep , study , study, study a bit more and train a bit , the thing is that i am GTG pull ups , a old goal of mine is to hit 25 pull ups , should i drop them? change them for hinge rows? forget about it and keep studying?

 

 

Thanks in advance guys!

gmthebeau
Maeren said:

Well im studying like if my life was in danger.

im working foundation saturday and sunday morning.

 

And im doing study cycles with 25 mins study 5 mins rest , i literally eat , sleep , study , study, study a bit more and train a bit , the thing is that i am GTG pull ups , a old goal of mine is to hit 25 pull ups , should i drop them? change them for hinge rows? forget about it and keep studying?

 

 

Thanks in advance guys!

I think if you are going to do the program you should do the program as he has prescribed it.  Why do people change the program?  Are you more qualified than Coach?  Follow the program.

Maeren
gmthebeau said:

I think if you are going to do the program you should do the program as he has prescribed it.  Why do people change the program?  Are you more qualified than Coach?  Follow the program.

im not changing the program i want something to energize me in those 5 mins. Foundation and handstand dont change , im asking if should change , pull ups for whatever else that dosent interfere with foundation.

 

Please read carefully :) .

Dylan Robertson

Just follow the program and after your workout you can add 1-2 sub-maximal sets of Pull-Ups.

Sensei JP

I remember university studying.  Don't miss it.

 

If you are taking a five minute break and can do 1-5 pullups with good form without taxing you, and without much of a warmup, than do it.  Absolutely no harm.

 

For the record, I learned to juggle while studying for exams.  I would hit the books until I couldn't, then grab three bean bags and toss them around.  Works the shoulders surprisingly well, and after 5-10min you start get annoyed at constantly picking up the dropped bags, which is about when the break should be over anyway.  I recommend bean bags instead of balls because balls tend to roll away.

Jon Douglas
Sensei JP said:

I remember university studying.  Don't miss it.

 

If you are taking a five minute break and can do 1-5 pullups with good form without taxing you, and without much of a warmup, than do it.  Absolutely no harm.

 

For the record, I learned to juggle while studying for exams.  I would hit the books until I couldn't, then grab three bean bags and toss them around.  Works the shoulders surprisingly well, and after 5-10min you start get annoyed at constantly picking up the dropped bags, which is about when the break should be over anyway.  I recommend bean bags instead of balls because balls tend to roll away.

That's a cool idea :)

Mark Collins

Considering you are studying and sitting a lot I would be doing active mobility and the stretch series.

In 5 mins you could get a lot of active mobility done. Shoulder dislocates, bridge work, pec stretches, seal rocks, windmills..the combinations are endless. I would do this for every hour you study. It would be a good psychological break from study as well.

Oompa2

At work, we sometimes play a game where you need to do some GTG type activities every half hour. Much easier to maintain when you mark your signature on a board in the office once complete and everyone else is doing it. It's fun but be aware that it can be taxing by 3:30pm after going since 9:00am and if it effects your F1 work then you are probably doing too much - 5 pull ups every half hour shouldn't be too bad though (even just one or two with a very slow negative would be beneficial). Consider changing pull ups with whatever element you are up to on Rope Climb though (as some food for thought).

 

Another thing to consider is, when reading during your study, try doing it in a squat :D

Maeren

who! thanks! lots of good ideas, i will do some mobility drills , and i defenetly going to do the bag think !

 

Thanks guys! as good as always.

brown.3794

I do slow rep pull ups half my max about twice a day or so. Another good thing to do is sit in a squat to improve flexibility.