This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Possible solution to elbow pain in rocking tables/supine shoulder extension

Started by Sam Deamer, April 25, 2015 · 5 Replies · 273 Views

Sam Deamer

I get elbow irritation that lasts more than a few days with rocking table and supine shoulder extension but found that if I point the fingers forward instead of backward I get a fantastic stretch in my chest/bicep and no joint issues (my ROM is still just as poor). My question - is this okay? My aim is to gradually turn the fingers outward until I can do the movement as demonstrated without any issues?

 

Cheers

Alessandro Mainente

Coach was clear on the video saying that those exercise could be too much if you not have a decent preparation in the brachialis, for this reason my suggestion is work in a depth that ensure healthy elbows in the long.

Sam Deamer

Thank you, just making sure it is an acceptable regression. Yes my brachialis is still very weak as I get joint aggravation just supporting my weight in both positions without challenging depth, whereas without supinating the hands I get a good stretch and can retract much more.

 

Cheers

Bomber

So what is the solution to strengthen the brachialis ? I get this irritation as well, and am not sure where to start working on correcting it.

Thanks

Coach Sommer

The process for strengthening the brachialis begins with the GB Foundation courses and then continues with the GB Ring courses.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Bomber

Excellent, I have purchased GB Foundation 1&2 and look forward to the process. Thank you for your reply Coach Sommer