This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

042415 v-ups (MN/PE3) & Mobility

Started by kingzlo, April 24, 2015 · 4 Replies · 116 Views

kingzlo

I'm getting used to this after going through absolute beginner level, with TUT (time under tension) to get the movement in properly, in order to keep my knees locked throughout the position.  I'm still working on keeping my knees locked and I noticed after a few sets, my knees tend to be less bent.  Any suggestions?

 

Keilani Gutierrez

my only suggestion and probably the hardest one to take it for all the good its worth: only move upto the point where you're ROM is quality. always stay on the right side of that fence. 

keeping those legs straight is the only way they'll stay straight :) it'll improve with time doing the PE and with stretching.

 

kingzlo

Looks like I got some work to do on this one, as I figured.  I'll check out the Foundation videos again and do some research throughout the forums to find out how to keep the knees straight through.  Looks like it will take some time with this one.  

Alessandro Mainente

Also keep your chest up, do not fall into chest-in

kingzlo
Keilani Gutierrez said:

my only suggestion and probably the hardest one to take it for all the good its worth: only move upto the point where you're ROM is quality. always stay on the right side of that fence. 

keeping those legs straight is the only way they'll stay straight :) it'll improve with time doing the PE and with stretching.

No worries, your right.  I'll be going back to Block 1 on this one, as I did before, quality is the key to all of this.  

Zach Armijo said:

If it's not straight, it won't count. As Keilani pointed out, only go as far as your ROM will allow with proper form. Anything else is just created bad habits and patterns. 

 

 

Grab higher on your support for your iM. Watch the Foundation videos again to match form. 

I will be taking a look at the video again in comparison of the iM.  At first I was like 'get that stretch in'.  But that is not the case.

 

Alessandro Mainente said:

Also keep your chest up, do not fall into chest-in

Yes I did fall a few times, maybe from being tired, maybe not.  Again, back to square one, Block 1.