This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

2 Vidz 042415 hinge Row (RCPE1) & Mobility form Check + STATIC Hinge Row at the end (other video)

Started by kingzlo, April 24, 2015 · 8 Replies · 240 Views

kingzlo

Currently at a plateau with this routine, but it's all good.  I even reset this by starting @ Block one on a TUT (time under tension), from reading throughout the main forum.  And thanks to Coach Sommer, I've incorporated static holds at the end (see next video).  

 

kingzlo

Here is the second video, the finally of the hinge row and overall routine.  I did 2 sets of this.  Normally I would do one set.  Goes to show that I'm getting stronger (even for doing F7) and eventually I should be able to get out of the Plateau of Hinge Row sometime.

 

Pafke
Joshua Slocum said:

The key to this exercise is learning to isolate the hips.

Your legs are moving which shouldnt happen. Notice how legs of guy from course video stay in one place through whole movement.

kingzlo

I see.  My form is weak.  Looks like I should be taking more videos in order to see that I'm doing the positions correctly.  Thanks again guys for your feedback.

kingzlo
Paf said:

Your legs are moving which shouldnt happen. Notice how legs of guy from course video stay in one place through whole movement.

Hey Paf, I also notice that with my legs moving how I tend to sink in with my upper torso for further range of motion, as I reach the top.  That should be a reason for not progressing (being that I was in a Plateau, I'm putting in more unnecessary pressure.  I'll look within that post that you pasted in.

 

I'm wondering if I should bring the rings up further to get a higher angle.  (trial&ErrorThoughtProcess = furtherResearch)

kingzlo
Zach Armijo said:

Much too piked in the iM. Posture up a little more. 

 

Ideally we want to pull right into our final position of the hinge row. You have a very loose pattern going on. At the bottom of your rep you sink all the way down which is good, but you also loosen your core and sag before you initiate your pull again. At the top, you pull too high, bob down a little and remain above the 90 degree mark we want to maintain. 

Yeah I was thinking of the 'stretch' more than anything.  I will keep this in mind for next time(s).

kingzlo

I decided to produce another video of this routine.  This time, less movement of the legs.  As I look at the video, I see that my elbows may be too low where I'm getting too much of a curl, unnecessarily.  I'm still working on getting a better angle of the mobility side as well.  Maybe closer to the 'pole' with hands at a higher angle.  What do you think?

 

Ryan Reynolds

PE - Like you said your pulling too high.  Also your fighting your hips and not letting them hinge.  You can see your thighs and waist moving up as you start the pull, especially as you tire out at the end.

 

iM - The only thing I have to say is that I feel a different stretch when I use a vertical grip like you are, rather than a horizontal grip like in the course video.  Maybe a coach can comment if the grip difference matters.

kingzlo

Thanks for the further advice guys.  I will definitely put in perspective the next time I go at this routine again (and again).