This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Equipment for dips in F2

Started by RossyL, April 23, 2015 · 8 Replies · 364 Views

RossyL

Evening everyone

 

I was just wondering whether the following dip station would be suitable for the progressions that are in f2.

Also a heads up on any other equipment requirements would be great.

 

Thanks

Ross

post-12722-0-34173100-1429818109_thumb.j

Alessandro Mainente

I prefer a power rack and the structure above.

Alexander Egebak

Single bar dips are probably a part of F2 so you would need a single rail or bar broad and high enough to dip from.

Cole Dano

They will be fine for standard dips, but the other progressions will require a single bar,  a station with longer bars, and rings.

kingzlo

I bought an All-in-one Pullup Bar a while back (not sure if from this website though (had it over 2 years now)) and it seems like it will work with the other progressions that require a single bar.  And another great thing about it is you can take it apart, and put back together, easily.

 

allinone_and_closeup_w300.jpg

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Bet, kingzlo, can you recall how much did you pay for that station? Looks like this'd the most wonderful solution for me.

Romulo

You can find similar versions of that at Amazon for instance, for an average of $200 to $300.

Or find the closest park with a playground :)

Joshua Slocum
kingzlo said:

I bought an All-in-one Pullup Bar a while back (not sure if from this website though (had it over 2 years now)) and it seems like it will work with the other progressions that require a single bar.  And another great thing about it is you can take it apart, and put back together, easily.

 

allinone_and_closeup_w300.jpg

Be careful trying Korean dips on that thing. Get a spotter and/or put a soft mat under you, in case it comes toppling down. 

kingzlo
Joshua Slocum said:

Be careful trying Korean dips on that thing. Get a spotter and/or put a soft mat under you, in case it comes toppling down. 

Yeah, you can't go all fast and furious on this apparatus.  I tried when doing kipping pullups ((a few years ago) never again on this or in any form or fashion (dangerous to the body), never ever again).

 

Slow and steady wins the race (at least moderate speed).

 

There are 2 parts put together for the left and right sides.  Take apart the top, adjust the center piece, and it's half the size to get into dips (not sure about the korean dips, but I tried the front version (not sure the name of that at the moment) and it seems to work pretty well and stable.  

 

When I did dips on this thing (when I was doing dips), as my body would go down, it would shake as my body wasn't as stable.  As if it was an extension of myself telling me that my stabilizers were in activation to keep steady.  Below is a video I did a while back with regular dips in slow motion with this equipment.

 

Also great for inverted pullups (with feet elevated) back when on it as well.