This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Failed sets - how to proceed?

Started by Paul Bernard, April 22, 2015 · 4 Replies · 210 Views

Paul Bernard

Hi all,

 

I just did my first workout for week 3 of block 3 (the one that tests mastery). For the first time, I failed on two of the exercises - arch body hold and hinge rows. For the arch body hold I got 50s on the 5th set and 40s on the 6th. For the hinge rows, I could only get 10r on the last set.

 

So it seems like I'll need to repeat block 3 again after I observe the deload week? What about all of the other exercises that I have achieved mastery on? Do I move on from them or also repeat block 3 to keep everything aligned? I looked in the intro articles and couldn't find anything on how implement microcycles or what to do if you fail a set.

 

Thanks!

 

Paul

vinca_minor

You may want to revisit the course portal.   Side Lever progressions have been updated drastically.

Alessandro Mainente

it is not necessary to stay aligned with all the exercises. if you fail continue until you reach the week mastery. if you need to move on with other exercises , do it.

Paul Bernard
vinca_minor said:

You may want to revisit the course portal.   Side Lever progressions have been updated drastically.

Woops, I meant hollow body hold.

Paul Bernard
Alessandro Mainente said:

it is not necessary to stay aligned with all the exercises. if you fail continue until you reach the week mastery. if you need to move on with other exercises , do it.

Ok, that makes sense. And is repeating block 3 the correct thing to do for the skills that I haven't achieved yet?