This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL/SE1 IM

Started by Jaromir Stopka, April 22, 2015 · 4 Replies · 194 Views

Jaromir Stopka

Hi friends,

i would like to get some advice about what to do to correct my form.What to focus on.Here is my video of doing SPL/SE1 IM .Do not consider parralets please because I have to use them now as my wrist is injured and they help me to do some work at the moment.Some might say that my lower back are weak but so far I did all work with no problem and my friend has weaker lower back but his form is much better than mine.Pls help..thank you

video-1429641569.mp4.mp4

Niklas03

Well, one thing that really sticks out... The obvious flaw here is the lack of hip extension. Press the hips forward (down) and simultaneously lift the knees as needed to keep them level with the hips and shoulders. There's some other stuff like dorsiflexed ankles and leg orientation seems to be off but for now focus on straightening the body.

Alessandro Mainente

Lower back strength it is not a real problem since the major part of the effort should be perceived on the gluteus. if you notice excessive lumbar estension probably you have also lost the protraction and the exercise ends here.

I noticed in different person a wrong way to reach the position , it is by far easier to hold the gluteus activation compared to start without and after try to active the PPT. 

my suggestion is achieve the final position in a way that makes the activation easier. the idea is reaching the full hips extension before the lift.

check out the way I used to do this mobility. enjoy your cramps! I listened that Coach loves our cramps ;-)

note: from the side the position of the legs is similar to the half full lay position. do not forget to assume the half straddle position.

 

post-1151-0-59994400-1429739386_thumb.pn

Jaromir Stopka

thank you guys a lot.I will try this way om picture.Hopefuly will post my better video soon.thanks once more!

Helgi
Alessandro Mainente said:

Lower back strength it is not a real problem since the major part of the effort should be perceived on the gluteus. if you notice excessive lumbar estension probably you have also lost the protraction and the exercise ends here.

I noticed in different person a wrong way to reach the position , it is by far easier to hold the gluteus activation compared to start without and after try to active the PPT. 

my suggestion is achieve the final position in a way that makes the activation easier. the idea is reaching the full hips extension before the lift.

check out the way I used to do this mobility. enjoy your cramps! I listened that Coach loves our cramps ;-)

note: from the side the position of the legs is similar to the half full lay position. do not forget to assume the half straddle position.

 

attachicon.gifbent arm pl.png

This is amazing...

 

I had been trying to enter the position like in the demonstration video or kind of from the frog stand and then having my legs leave my knees, you can see a recent video here:

 

https://vid.me/4W0e

 

However, in both cases I'd always overshoot my hips and they, along with my legs, would be way too high. Bringing them down to horizontal would then be too hard and I'd fall down.

 

However, using this technique you posted fixes this problem and even though it's rest day, I tried it just now and managed a hold with much better leg and hip placement.

 

Thank you!