This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 surface

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, April 22, 2015 · 3 Replies · 125 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

In my last F7 session I've tried to do PPP on a very slippery surface (the same one that I use to train planche leans) and they were significantly harder! I usually do them with my feet on a yoga mat, and I was finally close to mastery this way. On what surface should I train them (and test mastery)?

Alessandro Mainente

Surface should not be a problem since the feet must not slide on the floor. if the slide backward you are:

-reducing the lean

or

-loosing the depression

Jeremy Huston

Yoga mat is hard enough.  Notice the video doesn't have furniture sliders or anything slippery.

 

After mastery, when they're part of your warmup, feel free to work on increasing your lean and/or using the slippery surface.

Edoardo Cagnola

Thanks for the clarification guys! Aa a side note, Alex is correct: the slippery surface made me lose protraction on the top of the movement. I guess I'll go back to my beloved yoga mat :)