This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 -Tuck Ups Form Check

Started by HB_Ron, April 21, 2015 · 7 Replies · 168 Views

HB_Ron

Problems with my form:

#1 While lying flat on the ground - It takes me lots of effort to straighten my lower back due to a big decrease in my shoulder mobility.

#2 My knees shouldn't be vertical according to the course video.

 

#3 I'm not completely making contact with my upper body and quads like in the course video.

 

What's the reason I can't touch my quads to the chest and how can it be fixed? 

Thanks! :)

P.s last set in the video was my best attempt

vannybute

a bit of momentum might help

HB_Ron
GenericGymnast said:

a bit of momentum might help

I'm not sure if that's allowed ;)

Cole Dano

Try to get your weight more forward, in other word roll more onto your sitting bones at the top.

 

At the end of your reps, you're compressing your chest and knees together which is totally unnecessary. Instead use your core to pull toward your thighs.

HB_Ron
GenericGymnast said:

a bit of momentum might help

I did the movement a bit faster, so I think you had been right :)

 

Is form better now? Is it good for mastery?

Alessandro Mainente
GenericGymnast said:

a bit of momentum might help

Momentum and movement with higher speed should be avoided by beginners and, as I suppose from the PE yu're working, you are a beginner. Every angles of the movement must be explored with control, without it you have no chance to improve the motor and reflex sensibility through the complete range of motion.

HB_Ron
Alessandro Mainente said:

Momentum and movement with higher speed should be avoided by beginners and, as I suppose from the PE yu're working, you are a beginner. Every angles of the movement must be explored with control, without it you have no chance to improve the motor and reflex sensibility through the complete range of motion.

Thanks Alex! Is this very bad I speeded it up so little? :/

What do you think about the technique? Even in a squat with feet together I'm not able to pull the core to my quadriceps..

vannybute

Try to just hold that top position for time maybe. Just some mobility issues I think.