Straddle Sit Walking and Circling

Started by jamesters, August 16, 2009 · 6 Replies · 2,488 Views

jamesters

Is it possible to straddle sit walk with flat hands and do straddle sit circles? If so, is there a video of these being performed? I can do L sit walks and L sit circles, but straddle feels a great deal more difficult! Are there any drills to train for it? I'd imagine trying to walk in a straddle on a balance beam, I wonder if there are other drills too.

Blairbob

A common drill is to have the kids do straddle-L walks on beams. We also do hip flexor circles but I've never seen straddle-L circles. Those suck.

Marlon

The guy in this video does some really clean L-sit and straddle L-sit circles among a bunch of other stuff.

wZpTnTejhAI

Chris

The guy from the vid, apart from very nice skills, looks quite like Lucius Vorenus from the series 'Rome'

jamesters
Marlon said:
The guy in this video does some really clean L-sit and straddle L-sit circles among a bunch of other stuff.

wZpTnTejhAI

That was incredible!!! I really want to learn that. Just before I saw this video, I just saw this on tv! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QchmtJtZH28 Check out the 2 minute mark for straddle sit circles.

Ryan Libke
Chris said:
The guy from the vid, apart from very nice skills, looks quite like Lucius Vorenus from the series 'Rome'

Except less dangerous and without a sword. Lucius was never one to have fun on the beach!

Blairbob

Pullo was my kind of chap anyways, but at least Vorenus had a nasty temper.

That music was horrible, Vorenus would never listen to that tripe.