This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help with SLIDE PRESS - pHS/PE3

Started by leo, April 21, 2015 · 9 Replies · 262 Views

leo

Hi

 

I am unable to complete even one rep with supports at knee height. I am able to complete 5reps at about 10-14" higher than that.  

 

How can I progress this?  How can I continue to stay on track with my weekly workout settings of work and de-loads if I can't even do one rep properly?

 

I feel that the part I find the most difficult is the point where my feet are directly between my hands. If I swing through I feel that I am cheating.

 

Thanks all!!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Again do not forget that the GB curriculum gives a good perspective and expectation about how you should be prepared for certain level of strength work. specifically H2 requires F1 and F2. the stallbar stretch elements in F2 and F1 for manna are all you need to develop the necessary compression. do not forget that our body acts as a single unit. if you are too tight in the back you need to exert impressive level of strength on the opposite muscle. hamstring ans quads/abs have this relation.

 

now a question is natural: How is your point on Foundations Manna?

For sure the focus point on foundations are a sort of  "at least..", seriously to enhance your performance you cannot work "at least".

so before have specific advice on your problem please post in the F2 series a video of MN/PE9>IM.

Randeep Walia

Are there foundation prerequisites for H2 or are you suggesting this as a guide? I'm on H2/PE3 but I'm only on MN/PE6 (where I have been stuck for a while) 

Cole Dano

That most likely explains everything, you just haven't yet developed the compression strength needed. Yet.

How long have you been on MN/PE6? That's going to be the first order of business, on the PHS work, roll back to something you can manage at the moment and really perfect it while you develop your HLL.

A related question, how's your pike flexibility?

Randeep Walia

Hey Cole- I'm actually not the OP. I've been stuck on PE6 for a very long time, almost 3 months. Unlike the OP, I just did pHS/PE3 and was able to hit mastery for it right away (PE2 was rather difficult though).

Mikkel Ravn
1 hour ago, Randeep Walia said:

Hey Cole- I'm actually not the OP. I've been stuck on PE6 for a very long time, almost 3 months. Unlike the OP, I just did pHS/PE3 and was able to hit mastery for it right away (PE2 was rather difficult though).

My friend, 3 months is NOT a long time for MN6 :)

 

Keilani Gutierrez
39 minutes ago, Mikkel Ravn said:

My friend, 3 months is NOT a long time for MN6 :)

 

100% accurate. ;_;

Randeep Walia

Haha- that's actually very comforting in a strange way! I guess I didn't see any epic threads along the lines of Arch Hold 5x60s from the old SLS progression so I figured most people were sailing through it.

Mikkel Ravn

I think I spent 15-18 months on it. It was the bane of my existence :)

Briac Roquet
18 hours ago, Randeep Walia said:

I guess I didn't see any epic threads along the lines of Arch Hold 5x60s from the old SLS progression so I figured most people were sailing through it.

 

What do you mean? They're still at PE2! :lol: