While body structure could affect skill development in all sorts of ways, I'm particularly interested in this topic when it comes to L sit press to hand stand. I read awhile back how professional swimmers, on average, have longer arms in proportion to their overall body height than most other people. I thought about this when it comes to training for L sit press to hand stand. It's a very rare skill. What if 2 people were training for this skill, and 1 person had 2 inch longer arms than the other, all else being pretty equal, they're both strong and flexible and the same body height. I'd imagine the longer arms would work to the one person's advantage, right?
So I'm wondering, do you think with the right training, even someone with shorter than average arms could still eventually accomplish an L sit press to hand stand? I do know proper training can make a big difference. My bottom used to only barely come off the floor when I'd do a flat handed L sit. After modifying my stretching routine and doing some other exercises, my bottom is higher and I can do both L sit walks and L sit circles (pretty fast too) with flat hands.