This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pain in hip joints

Started by strme, April 20, 2015 · 6 Replies · 180 Views

strme

did somebody fix this pain in hip? when i do straddle (my max is something around 100degrees)  it is pain mixed with unknown feeling similar to pain stretch something inside ,around joints. 3 weeks, 3  (45 min.) middle split stretch sessions behind me. (no pain after ,no pain next day. just sore)

pls give me some hope :o

Coach Sommer

If there is pain, you are stretching too hard. Dial your intensity down.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

strme

its hard to describe. i will do it with pain free from now. lets see what will hapend.

thanks coach

Jordan Dotson

Question for my own personal interest: how are your swivel hips? I recently started aggressively foam rolling my glutes/piriformis for 2-3 minutes per side, and doing all the internal rotation stretches recommended across the forum for "mastering swivel hips." I quickly started making great progress on swivel hips, but also found that, miraculously, I can now get into a straddle pain free for the first time.

strme

no pain in swivel hips. i hope, i doing them right :D

Jordan Dotson
strme said:

no pain in swivel hips. i hope, i doing them right :D

I didn't/don't either. Only had pain when I got in a straddle or similar position...say, abducting and/or externally rotating the femur. Alleviating that pain was just a happy surprise from getting serious about mastering swivel hips, because I  had absolutely zero internal rotation. Just wondering if we shared the same issue. 

strme

whaaat. i have not mastered swivel hips? nooo :o

if you Jordan are right about it, swivel hips forever. going back. 

 

 

i will keep you updated. need some time. 

thanks thanks thanks