This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weighted prone floor HS goal

Started by mrobertweiss, April 20, 2015 · 3 Replies · 167 Views

mrobertweiss

Is there some measure or goal for the weight to be used on the bar for the static and pulsed prone flexion progressions (HS PE5 and  HS PE6)?

 

I have indeed perused the forum in search of this, and was unable to locate any recommended parameters although I did find some more generalized discussion .

I apologize in advance for not locating it,  if this has been dealt with in any specific fashion previously 

Awesssss

5 lbs minimum, which can be translated to ~2,5kg minimum.

 

That is enough for mastery.

 

However, I am not sure if working towards higher weight can be beneficial. Personally, I am fine with 2,5kg. Can't wait for the actual handstand work to begin. :)

mrobertweiss

Thank you. 

I have been using 5 lbs;    7.5 lbs was too heavy  for me to last 30 " into the fifth set.

Alessandro Mainente

Look for 2-3 kg but ideally long terms goals have no limit.