This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic Bridge

Started by Niels Hofma, April 20, 2015 · 3 Replies · 308 Views

Niels Hofma

Hello guys

 

I have some difficulty performing the thorastic bridge-exercise and holding it for 60 seconds. I have no problem kicking up into a handstand and then walking the feet down the stall bar. But when I get into position, I feel the exercise not in my upper back but in the middle region of my back. And after just 20 seconds I have to kick out of the exercise, because I can't hold the strecth longer. Do any of you have the same problem or know how to correct what i'm doing?

 

Niels

Mats Trane

20 sec is fine. Build up to 60 over time.

Move closer to the wall to get the stretch further up as you get more flexible move out from the wall.

Also think about pushing the armpits away from the wall.

Alessandro Mainente

Consider that at least 30'' is necessary for a decent impact of neural system and of reflex that limit the muscle rest position. so try to scale the intensity so that you can hold it at least for 30''.

Coach Sommer

If you are feeling it in the middle of the back, you are not fully achieved your maximum shoulder flexion prior to walking your feet down the wall.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer