This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL/pe5 planche lean check

Started by Gillham, April 18, 2015 · 4 Replies · 173 Views

Gillham

I can see I need more protraction. How is the lean? I'm trying using the machine as my guide, when my hair touches it I should be good. Taking a step back on this and ppp as I was kidding myself when I thought I had mastery. Anyone with experience with elbows like mine that hyperextend is welcomed too.

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/HLRdZZWiDng

chuchodani

You have a couple of flaws. You're sticking out your head too much (you can clearly see it at the mark of 0:24s), this put unnecessary stress on your neck. Keep you head neutral and looking to the floor. Second, look at the difference between form at 0:07s and 0:23s, at 23s you're pike and protraction is not that good. My personal suggestion is to use the lean and form showed at 7s mark and build endurance from there, keep that lean for one cycle or half until you feel stronger on it and then add some lean carefully, but adding seconds sacrificing form is not a great approach. Remember focus on quality instead of quality, I would prefer pretty much a solid lean, strict form for 6 to 12s to a longest hold of 26s with form breaking after 15s mark. Believe me, this is a element that you want to spend some time on it refining it. Keep always a straight body try to not pike.

 

Still a long way to go.

Right%202_zpsvs5r8j7y.jpg

Gillham

Thanks! I definitely see what you are talking about and can feel it too. I can see how powerful mastery of this will be too so I'll keep on keeping on!

chuchodani
Gillham said:

Thanks! I definitely see what you are talking about and can feel it too. I can see how powerful mastery of this will be too so I'll keep on keeping on!

You're welcome, I hope to see you master this element !

Gillham

Thanks Zach, I'll try squeezing the ground. Any rec on how wide the hands should be placed. My thumbs are just outside shoulders.