How does manna work translate to ring strength?

Started by gunslinger_burrito, April 17, 2015 · 4 Replies · 2,866 Views

gunslinger_burrito

In descriptions of the manna, I see it stated often that manna strength/work will carry over to later ring strength. I'm staying off of rings (except for the occasional supports) for now, but I'm curious as to why and how the manna will aid in ring strength? Does it have to do with the shoulder conditioning needed for the manna?

 

thanks!

Krel

Mastering Manna provides :

- Basic shoulder extension which is required to benefit from Back Lever training and to avoid injuries

- Basic tricep strength

- Basic core strength (abs, hips ; middle and lower trapezius, rhomboids, lats - because of the required scapular retraction)

- Basic bicep conditioning if hands are pointing backwards

gunslinger_burrito

Cool, thanks. That was basically what I was thinking. I actually hadn't thought of the shoulder extension carrying over to BL work.

B1214N
Krel said:

- Basic bicep conditioning if hands are pointing backwards

Manna doesn't really stress the biceps much if at all regardless of hand position.

Coach Sommer
B1214N said:

Manna doesn't really stress the biceps much if at all regardless of hand position.

 

This is incorrect.  There is quite a bit of stretch on the insertion of the bicep at the top of the manna position.  And if improperly prepared for, will result in injury to the elbow if the student is stubborn and attempts to push thru the pain.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer