This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Great gains in shoulder flexion

Started by shughes89, April 15, 2015 · 16 Replies · 400 Views

shughes89

I don't see a testimonial page, so I'll just say that since starting F1 I've probably gained 15 degrees of shoulder flexion. It wasn't terrible before (by average gym rat standards) and there's still a way to go, but I feel great and my shoulders have never been better.

 

Keep at it everyone!

Keilani Gutierrez

getting flush with the floor while doing PPT is a milestone, enjoy the road there!

 

good to hear the mobility has been beneficial for ya :)

LateStarter@46

...and flush with the wall too whilst in PPT! :-)

Well done

Awesssss

Those flushing seems too far away! I hope that isn't neccessary for a good handstand??

Awesssss

Maybe I can answer my own question:

 

Ideally, a perfect handstand will require that kind of mobility, however, to start the wall handstand work in H1, it's not nessecary?

 

I'm not sure if dislocates really opens the shoulders to being able to "flush" with the wall...?

Alessandro Mainente

dislocates provide the necessary active shoulders girdle flexibility to allow a correct basic wall handstand and advanced wrist handstand. without proper traps activation is simply impossible to hold the advanced version.

chuchodani

What "flush" means in this context ? 

LateStarter@46

Flat against or level with :-)

Alexander Egebak

What would you guys recommend as accessory work for shoulder flexion?

 

I thought of something like a weighted ABH for the shoulder portion with feet on the ground but it seems rather silly.

Jon Douglas

Ohh yes, flexion.

I can do back limbers without a warmup now :D

Bipocni
Jon Douglas said:

Ohh yes, flexion.

I can do back limbers without a warmup now :D

Care to share a video?

Keilani Gutierrez
Jon Douglas said:

Ohh yes, flexion.

I can do back limbers without a warmup now :D

I'm jelly. but I'm hot on your 6, sihing! ^_^

Awesssss
Alexander Egebak said:

What would you guys recommend as accessory work for shoulder flexion?

 

I thought of something like a weighted ABH for the shoulder portion with feet on the ground but it seems rather silly.

Maybe PE5? :D Or am I missing something?

Awesssss
alex87 said:

dislocates provide the necessary active shoulders girdle flexibility to allow a correct basic wall handstand and advanced wrist handstand. without proper traps activation is simply impossible to hold the advanced version.

Always to the rescue!

Alexander Egebak
Hollow Man said:

Maybe PE5? :D Or am I missing something?

I am assuming you mean H1, but I do not have it?

Awesssss

Well, generally, in this forum, if you don't have F-series or H-series, you won't get much information. My suggestion would be get H1.

dgaetano
Alexander Egebak said:

What would you guys recommend as accessory work for shoulder flexion?

The Thoracic Bridge stretch course is working wonders for my shoulders, you might want to consider it.