This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Few questions

Started by Systemic, April 15, 2015 · 4 Replies · 160 Views

Systemic

Hello,

 

I'd appreciate if someone can help me with these questions:

 

  • 1.
    • For the scapular shrugs, where should I feel it working? Currently I can feel it in my shoulders, abs and I think hamstrings.
    • How should the hand placement be? Should the go off a bit to the side or should they be straight?
    • My elbows are kept straight but at some point they TRY to bend. How do I always keep them straight? Is there any prerequisites for this?

 

  • 2. During the Cossack squat, what is considered as a rep? Is it a rep when doing the two squats? Or is each squat a rep?

 

  • 3. I've gained fat because I, unfortunately, tried bulking a few months ago (following a weight routine). On my days off, could I do workouts like "Insanity", should I stick to other HIIT workouts or should I focus on something completely different to not inhibit my strength gains?

 

  • 4. When would be the best time to start "bulking" using the foundation series? I am currently on PE2 in most of the series.

 

  • 5. I have certain movements (pull ups, chin ups, etc) that I've acquired, how do I incorporate them with Foundation series so that I don't lose them? Should I do them as a warm up?

 

Thank you.

Joshua Slocum

1. Primarily in the serratus, but other areas may feel worked, too.

2. Each side is a rep.

3. I don't know what's in the insanity workout. 20-30m of cardio 2-3 times a week is recommended to complement Foundation; if you want to do that in the form of HIIT I think that should be fine.

4. Never. Eat healthy and work hard, and the gains will come steadily.

5. I wouldn't be worried about 'losing' pull-ups or chin-ups. If you want, you can do some 'maintenance work' - 1-2 sets at low volume, once or twice a week. You don't want to do too much otherwise it will interfere with your Foundation progress.

Krel
Systemic said:
  • 5. I have certain movements (pull ups, chin ups, etc) that I've acquired, how do I incorporate them with Foundation series so that I don't lose them? Should I do them as a warm up?

Don't incorporate them it will be absolutely useless and counterproductive if you have not mastered the previous Rope Climbing exercises ! Pull-Up and Chin-Up are covered in the Foundation Series. Nevertheless, first things first ;)

I think Scapular Shrugs also work trapezius.

Kelly Gage

I was doing 3 sets of 6-7 pull ups before I started Foundation a couple of months ago.  I just successfully completed 5x15 RC PE 1 yesterday for the first time.  I haven't worked pull ups since I started foundation but did a set for fun a couple of weeks ago and did 10. 

Giovanni Garcea

I did both insanity and t25 in the past before moving to foundation. I don't think they mix well with foundation because of all the pushup, abs etc. I moved on to running and jumping rope, so I get my cardio but I don't impact muscle recovery.