This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bending Knee MN/PE1-im

Started by Michael Houser, April 14, 2015 · 3 Replies · 122 Views

Michael Houser

I am having a lot of difficulty keeping my knees locked on the stiff leg windmill.  If I keep my knees stiff then my I cant keep my arm straight up.  If I allow my opposite knee to bend then I can keep my arm straight and can bend over.  I have been letting my knee bend, getting into position with arm straight and then trying to straighten knee.  I thought it was really tight hamstrings, but I also feel tightness and pulling around my hip on the same side as my raised arm.  Suggestion on how to work on getting my knee straight would be greatly appreciated.

Jason Dupree

How much are you rotating your arm? If you start rotating too early (you aren't close to a horizontal torso) then your arm will fall. Bending your legs gets your torso lower, so your rotation is fine. Don't internally rotate your arm till you get low enough, and focus on the hip and hamstring stretch

Jeremy Huston

Only descend as far as you can keep both your arm and legs straight.

Cole Dano

Video would help on this. It's also very possible you are going too sideways with this the trunk will come forward at about a 30 deg angle.