This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Necessary equipment for Stretch Courses?

Started by Hanlim Lee, April 14, 2015 · 17 Replies · 557 Views

Hanlim Lee

I saw somewhere I need some equipment for stretch courses,

 

but I cannot find it now. 

 

Could anyone tell me? like A, B, C for front split, D, E, F for middle split .... 

 

 

p.s

 

I didn't know I have to follow the full courses at once.

 

I thought I have to wait until mastery to progress just like Foundation or Handstand.

 

what a waste of time lol.

dritar

You'll need some stretch blocks for FSS.

 

TBS needs some bungee cords and ideally stall bars and one of those inflatable balls.

 

MSS unless you're very advanced you'll need nothing (some stretch block if you are able to go into oversplits).

 

Some stretch straps are also useful if you're very tight and maybe a yoga mat depending on your flooring. A towel too :) because some positions will make you sweat. 

Luzian

Also don't forget: you need some clear wall space for FSS and MSS. Ideally as wide as two times the height of your leg and as high as you are.

Michael Taylor

Quite important - you will need a stopwatch or similar to measure time periods

Luzian
Michael Taylor said:

Quite important - you will need a stopwatch or similar to measure time periods

Unless you do the follow along class and can stand to hear the same jokes every week :)

I really enjoy the follow along exactly because of not having to care about timing on my own.

KSTL

.

Coach Sommer
Luzian said:

Unless you do the follow along class and can stand to hear the same jokes every week :)

I really enjoy the follow along exactly because of not having to care about timing on my own.

 

Luzian,  are you being critical of my jokes?  ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Luzian
Coach Sommer said:

Luzian,  are you being critical of my jokes?   ;)

 

Coach, let's say I prefer your "aaaand release" over the jokes. But I can recite them all from memory by now :)

dritar

I like the encouragement as well. It's effective and has helped me in foundation as well (simply recall the cue of "push yourself" or "go get it it's hard" from the pancake work or the more philosophical "you get what you build / don't build it don't get it").

Hanlim Lee
dritar said:

You'll need some stretch blocks for FSS.

 

TBS needs some bungee cords and ideally stall bars and one of those inflatable balls.

 

MSS unless you're very advanced you'll need nothing (some stretch block if you are able to go into oversplits).

 

Some stretch straps are also useful if you're very tight and maybe a yoga mat depending on your flooring. A towel too :) because some positions will make you sweat. 

 

Can I use Thera band instead of bungee cords? 

Bro'

Coach explicitly says no during the follow along video. Not enough resistance.

Cole Dano

Maybe it's better to say that the bungee's are better, due to the more uniform pull, but a theraband is defiantly better than nothing.

 

That said, we are on working hard on getting bungee mobility bands in the store.

dritar

I think the problem is that therabands don't provide much tension when they are slackened, whereas bungee cords are more constant. One drill in particular in TSS, the up position will be more difficult because the cords would have helped you whereas bands won't.

Cole Dano

dritar nailed it, that is exactly why bungee is better.

Mathew Bunch

If you are as tight as me, you will need something to elevate your glutes for MSS and FSS as well. You will not be able to keep flat otherwise.

setepe

Can anyone recommend some bungee cords and stretch blocks for FSS and TBS?

Itamar sha'ashuaS
dritar said:

I like the encouragement as well. It's effective and has helped me in foundation as well (simply recall the cue of "push yourself" or "go get it it's hard" from the pancake work or the more philosophical "you get what you build / don't build it don't get it").

I like ''strong and mobile''... :D

Cole Dano
setepe said:

Can anyone recommend some bungee cords and stretch blocks for FSS and TBS?

 

Bungee: Go to hardware store a buy off the spool 8-10 foot length. Wrap around had for handle.

 

Blocks: Any foam yoga block will do