This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 Form Check

Started by HB_Ron, April 13, 2015 · 4 Replies · 154 Views

HB_Ron

RC/PE1 - I find it  sometimes challenging to prevent my knees from bending. Should I adjust the rings a bit higher so I could lock them out? Anyway, is form okay?

HB_Ron

Bump

Alexander Egebak

Trying to point your toes might help you to not bent your knees - by keeping everything below the hips straight.

HB_Ron
Zach Armijo said:

Looks great to me. Do keep the knees straight, but it may help to think about digging in with the heels when sitting up. The height on the rings is good. Both 90 degrees are met and your hips stay under the rings at the top of the rep.

 

Good job.

I'm so glad my form is okay! I'm going to progress to PE2 soon  ^_^

Thank you!!

Alexander Egebak said:

Trying to point your toes might help you to not bent your knees - by keeping everything below the hips straight.

I was always doing that and my knees were locked, but that day was an exception for some reason

athleticandrey
Zach Armijo said:

Looks great to me. Do keep the knees straight, but it may help to think about digging in with the heels when sitting up. The height on the rings is good. Both 90 degrees are met and your hips stay under the rings at the top of the rep.

 

Good job.

I have a question about this movement, I noticed that when I do it  at the top of each rep I get an angle of less than 90 degrees in my elbows and my hands are almost level with the shoulders.  But in the course video and in the video that HB Ron have uploaded  the elbows bend to about 90 degrees and hands don't reach the level of the shoulders.  So is it a good idea to bring your hands to the level of your shoulders?