This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progressing Jefferson Curls

Started by wamarler, April 13, 2015 · 4 Replies · 248 Views

wamarler

I'm doing F7 2x per week, and as part of my warmup I'm doing Jefferson Curls. In one of his podcast interviews, Coach Sommer talked about increasing the amount of weight used. I started with just the bar, and have been increasing 2.5lbs/week for the last few weeks. I do 1 set of 5r.

 

I'm curious: is that a good pace? Is that too fast? Is that enough work? What about de-load weeks; should I drop back to a lighter weight used earlier in the microcycle, reduce reps, or neither? 

 

What are other people doing with regards to Jefferson Curl progressions after mastering MN/PE2?

Awesssss

Do your 5 reps during warm up.

 

What I would do is take my bodyweight and subract the weight of the bar, then take the answer and divide by 24.

 

Then you'll know how much to increase every month and build up to bodyweight during a period of 2 years.

 

Really, you shouldn't be in a hurry and hurt yourself. But if you're really eager to get bodyweight jefferson curls, then divide by no less than 12.

wamarler

Thanks both of you. 

wamarler

After reading the threads that you posted Joshua, I'm realizing that I had a question here because there isn't an easy universal answer. Your TL;DR is a good summary, but anyone else reading this thread, don't stop at the summary; dig into the links.