This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tip for measuring lean in Planche Leans

Started by Sensei JP, April 13, 2015 · 6 Replies · 270 Views

Sensei JP

Just a quick tip I discovered during my last workout.

 

I workout in the morning, first thing, and I forgot to change out of my pyjamas.  Anyway, my pyjama pants have tie up straps that I never do up.  As I do push ups and such, they just dangle.

 

As I did my planche leans in warm up, I noticed how the strings dangled right between my hands.  Instantly I realized that was because my hips were in line with my hands.  Normally I have to check a mirror or film myself to make sure my lean is adequate.  Now I don't have to.  If you have similar straps or strings or perhaps a loose belt, you can instantly check to see if you have enough lean.  Also, you instantly know if you start sacrificing lean as the set gets longer.

 

If nothing else, it gives you permission to workout in your pyjamas.

Kasper Stangerup

Another tip (that I have used) is to place a small box or block on the floor a certain distance in front of your hands. Then lean until you can look down on the far face of the box. If the box is properly square, you then know that you lean at least as far as that. Then just adjust the distance from your hands to the box accordingly.

korija

sweaty pyjamas? no thanks. Not that i use ones anyways im a grown man! lol

Awesssss

you work out in the same clothes as you sleep in? :o

 

Anyways, that's a good tip.

 

My tip is lay prone on the floor and put your hands at your hips with your toes pressed on the wall, then get up on your knees, engage in PPT, protract your scapula and hollow like a mad cat, then lean forward.

Sensei JP

One, this topic isn't about my pyjamas.  Stop talking about my pyjamas.

 

Two, pyjama pants may be the most comfy thing in the world.

 

46142481.jpg

Seriously.  If it were more socially acceptable, I'd wear them everywhere.

 

Three, I get so excited for my workouts I sometimes forget basic things, like changing into workout clothes.  Again, though, I do it in my home, almost as soon as I wake up.  It actuallly makes less sense to change into workout clothes only to have to take them off when I shower later.  Instead I can use the pyjamas, feel comy and awesome, and not have to do extra laundry.

Awesssss

Just one last question: is your pyjamas like the one in the picture or is yours pink? :D

wamarler
Sensei JP said:

...

As I did my planche leans in warm up, I noticed how the strings dangled right between my hands.  ...

Brilliant! This is non-ambiguous, not prone to perception changes, and can be implemented with a piece of string (for all you pajama haters). I love it.