This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F7 Execution for the First Time in a Long Time

Started by kingzlo, April 12, 2015 · 21 Replies · 967 Views

kingzlo
First off as mentioned in the title, the 'ecs' key is not functioning so I'm using substitute throughout my writing (although there was one ecs that got spellchecked automatically (using 2do app to write journalWise).  

 

Before the talk of F7 done on Friday...  My headstand workout for today

It was pretty great, I’m at the Mastery week, still considered, being that it is Sunday and I did 5by5 for my wrists and 60 seconds by 5 sets of headstands.  That includes stimulation of my shoulders and wrists as well as my trapezoid muscles.

 

F7 ECSECUTION FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG TIME

My workout routine that I did on Friday was pretty intense; the F7 routine.  Which of course consists of all 7 routines.  From the time, 2 days prior, I should’ve written my thoughts, as I’m about to write now.  Let’s go:

 

-  The first routine was the Straddle Hollow Body Rock (FLPE4)

That routine was a little strenuous for the first routine, being that I was ecsecuting Mastery with it at 5sets by 36reps.  I had to pause periodically.  The first set I managed all 36 reps, despite the fact that I had pizza that other day and felt gassy.  The other sets were pretty ecshausting.  I was getting tired after the 20th repetition of the second set and I had to hold my legs at the time to catch my breath, then I continued the remainders or the reps.  Same went for the other sets, as I got more and more ecsausted with it, towards the end where some would say that was pathetic,  But who cares, for the necst time around will be better.  As I was getting tired from the original routine I was getting better with the mobility of the Table Inside/Out.  Practice makes…

 

-  The second routine was the Elevated Planche (SPLPE7)

This routine wasn’t bad at all.  Although I was getting tired, being that I was going through Mastery of 5sets of 15reps, I managed to ecsecute with very little pause.  The Mobility of it was the Prone Half Straddle Planch Double Leg wasn’t bad for the 5 reps (I was about to say that it was double bicep for that’s how it felt like flecsing my buttocks and curling my hamstring muscles, with secondary feel through the calf muscles as I kept my feet flecst at an angle).  

 

-  The third routine was the Seated Russian Twist (SLPE1)

Feeling great that I ecsecuted this routine without any problems, away from fatigue in my shoulders (front anterior deltoids (not sure how others can ecsecute with more than 5lbs prescribed)).  Anyway, managing the 5 by 18rep mark, I’m looking forward to block 3, two weeks from now (24 reps burn).  Hopefully my shoulders will be able to take it after doing the deload of 5 by 9 reps this week.  And because I had another ab routine and legs to get worked before doing the pushup, at least I had time for the shoulders to rest before getting that in (more of that talk on the 6th routine).  Mobility of Standing Trunk Circles I’ve noticed the stretch of my inner anatomy throughout my midsection as I turn my body 360 degrees one way and the other.  

 

-  The fourth routine was the V-Ups (MNPE3)

This routine I’m still getting used to.  Prior weeks, even the Monday that had passed, I was warming it up with prior routine, the Straddle Ups, with it’s Mobility of the Pike lean.  I didn’t get the ecsecution of all that for my body (midSection) as more than warm enough to get into the actual routines of the V-Ups, although I’m still learning to keep my legs straight (knees still bent sometimes) throughout the reps.  With that, I decided to keep the reps low and for the Mastery of this was 3 by 6 reps in somewhat slow motion to get used to this routine overall.  The mobility of the Pike Lean was pretty good as I held @ 30 seconds (with breath in/out being 1 second count).

 

-  The fifth routine was the Cossack Squat (SLSPE2)

For this routine I started off with warm up with Deck Squat at 1 reps of its Mastery (1 set of 15 reps).  As I’m writing, I’m thinking to get into the 21 reps range with this, but then again, it was ecsausting getting into this at the 15 rep range (at least it being the second time for the week of ecsecution)  with included Mobility of Skiers (with this I bring up the reps at times without thought, I just keep going (but was mindful this time around and went at 10 at left and right sides respectively totaling to 20 reps overall).  Immediately, I went into the routine of Cossack Squat.  This routine wasn’t bad.  I tell you what’s bad, the Mobility of it being Twisting Squats.  I noticed that the start of it is weak for me, but as I keep going, let’s say the second set onwards, it gets easier.  Even at my daughters birthday party, last night, I would be in the cross-legged position and would get out of it standing up, without the twisting, of this Twisting Squat, with ease.  In the beginning, I had to do this on a platform (a stepper I use, similar to when I needed it to ecsecute the Deck Squat a while back to get used to that without it).  I no longer use the platform for either, but I’m still using a 2 layers of my child’s matts under my own mat to ecsecute the current Mobility being the Twisting Squat.  I tried without, thinking I was ready, but couldn’t manage that day.  

 

-  The sixth routine was the Pushup (HBPPE2)

This routine was great.  I’m at block 2’s semiMastery level of 5 by 9 reps.  Being that I had some time to rest my shoulder region after the 3rd Routine, I was more than ready for this.  I reached all 5 sets of 9 reps with very little issues.  The Mobility of it, being the Ecsiaopeng, there was not much of the ‘pinch’ feeling on the left side of my shoulder, YES!  

 

-  The seventh and final routine was the Hinge Row (RCPE1)

At first I was thinking to warm up with the Hinge Row hold at the top, but I did that at the very end instead, for my body was more than warm overall.  Getting into the ecsecution of this routine (@ 5 by 9 reps) my body was feeling PUMPED throughout the routine.  Thinking back though, I started getting getting real tired at the last 2 sets.  I had to pause/rest, as I was still holding the rings (but that didn’t count for there was no stress) after the 6th rep, and getting into the last 3 reps.  And again, I finished with 1 set of Hinge Row Hold for close to a minute.  

 

End.  Looking forward to ecsecuting the F7 during this weeks Deload week.  As I mentioned in the other forum(s) about F7, the Deload week will determine if I should go straight F7 or split Mon Tues and full F7 on Friday.  Otherwise, it’s F7 twice a week, with H1 the day after, maybe before.  Thanks for reading.

 

 

 

(side note for this was in my Journal for the day and as I do a listen to when I'm training nowadays (almost posted the whole of what I wrote before this as I pasted everything in here, lol))  Doing a listen to the songs from Beatles Radio, I was jammin with my guitar (still absolute beginner, but can pick up the tunes).  Who really needs lessons when you can simply jam on your own by winging it for a time. 

Bipocni

In the future either reword everything to not need the 'x' key, or copy and paste one from somewhere

kingzlo
Bipocni said:

In the future either reword everything to not need the 'x' key, or copy and paste one from somewhere

LMAO.  You just made my night Bipocni.  The issue with the 'x' key is from my external keyboard (slight water damage).  Fortunately not from my laptop (which I use as a desktop plugged onto my tv as a monitor and the reason for the use of my external keyboard).   Being that I write (type) a lot (currently in my journal), I decided to used 'ecs' as a substitute, for as you read and pronounce it, it sounds like 'x', so there.  But I'll keep that in mind for the norm.

 

Going further in my F7 journey, I executed H1 beforehand, on the same day, and strangely my biceps feel like they went through curls galore (literally can feel um as I straighten my arms (with locked elbows)).  Mind you again, this is deload week.  I know I'm not strong enough to all out like that during the normal weeks coming (the 3 weeks out of 4 week cycle).  I just took that chance.  I put the timer on and it took 1 hour and 45 minutes to get H1 + F7 combo going (again during deload week).

kingzlo
Update:  04.21.15 Workout

I’ve gotten strong as I’ve been training within F7.  

 

1. My Straddle Hollow Body Rock is still solid, although I have to pause periodically (holding my legs bent and tucked into myself as I catch my breath for a few seconds before getting back to the reps) as I’m getting used to the 48 reps (I know may have to go through Block3 for a few mini cycles). 

 

2. The new routine of sPLSE1 was a little frustrating (as I’ve been going through the forum(s) I believe this is a Foundation 2 routine).  I’m only able to hold the stance with my knees pressed upon my elbows from the sides for a time, for now (Block 1 @ 3by6).  As for the mobility of it, the “Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold”, that is what is kicking my ass right now.  Knowing what I now know from the experience (and within the forum titled , I have to practice via the PPP routine for starters (stay tuned for progression).  

 

3. Another new routine I’m onto is the Elbow Side Plank Twist.  That routine is not bad and I’m feeling my obliques as I’m holding my position and twisting up and down into it.  I didn’t go for Mastery on this one, just went into Block 3, week 9.  I tried different breathing techniques as I’m holding my torso in place as I’m moving (that’s hard to explain (maybe not, it’s more or less instead of breathing in and out as I’m moving up and down into it, I noticed I would breath…  it is actually hard to explain, but it is more/less to keep my body tense without hurting myself @ all)).  

 

4. My V-Ups are getting better (within Block2).  I’m glad I went into absolute beginner with TUT to get use to the position with my knees as close to locked position as I’m going up and down into it. 

 

5. I’m still on Cossack squats due to wanting to master the Mobility side of it, the Twisting Squats.  I noticed starting from the top going down into the cross-legged position is a good starting point (not just sitting and putting the legs in place).  I got the idea from watching Kill la Kill on Cartoon Network one night as the dude with the moHawk sat (plopped (fell)) in that position from a regular stance.  

 

6. My Pushup is getting better as well.  I’m back on Block 3 (as I was a while back), but remember, I was working with TUT (time under tension).  With that I was went to the starting point of Block 1 and worked my way back.  Although it may seem like not much has changed with the reps, for I had to pause at the 3rd and 4th set to catch my breath after 6-8 reps and continue up to 12 reps, at least the best thing is that my left shoulder is not pinching anymore (@ least I can barely notice it now).  

 

7. I went under TUT with Hinge Row as well for I was in Plateau with that as well, and with the push, I have to pause to catch my breath for a second or a few to continue for the 12 repetitions.  After all the sets, I decided to do a Hinge Row Hold at the top to finalize it and of course get the Lat Lean in for that as well.

 

I was able to talk a little, in front of my video camera, about the situations, although I was way off with stating whats what.  I have to start writing “what’s what” in my own words of course (not the actual names, I know).  The talk on video is actually weird in that sense as I realized after the fact and as I write.  But hey, practice makes perfect.  

kingzlo

So I'm still doing F7 and today created some videos for the form check for each.  I'm grateful that some people have given me feedback.  I need to focus on my form more than ever (maybe it's because I'm doing F7).  But I'll be doing more videos to check my form more often.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words and looking at my videos says alot (I'm weak 4 now).

kingzlo

Looking back on my 'form checks', thinking through my workout routine, and reading up on a forum about 'split routine', as I've been recovering from a minor injury around wrist area (not on wrist but forearm and fingers area), I've decided to go back to the split routine.  Great for recovery overall and less time with the workout routines (took over 2 hours (including doing various warmups (prior routines))).  I'm done with F7.

 

So it's back to the routine of F4 + F3 w/ H1.  This week, technically is deload week, so I'll start from there (especially since I took a week off).

Alexander Egebak

2 hours is a very long time for F7. A few members have kept it at 45 minutes without any additional rest time.

 

But it is a good idea to do the split routine if you feel like you cannot recover well enough with F7.

Jon Douglas

2 hours does seem kind of excessive... I don't think I've gone over 90 mins and those are my 4+-elements-in-week-11 days...

Mark Collins

I can get f7 done in 60 minutes comfortably. You would have to rest too much to take 2 hours.

Leonhard Krahé

I do F7 and including warming up, some mild stretching and then my actual workout, it usually takes me about two hours as well.

I workout in my universitys gym at rather busy hours (usually between 19:00-21:00) though, meaning that more often than not I get that "excess rest" unintentionally while waiting for whatever spot I need next to be free to use.

kingzlo

Well it took me 45 minutes to get todays workout in, and it was F4 @ Deload Week (took time off to recover my right arm (may have been "

") from improper work (overtraining back to back) on sLP/SE1 + Mobility).

 

I go at my own pace and as good a FORM as I can.  No fast and furious, as I'm still learning the various form.  Again, my background was in weight training and my body was, still is, stiff here and there.   

 

The Workout (Deload Week)

FL/PE4 (deload 3x12)

- should've went for 18 reps, but then I'll still looking to work through Block 2 in the next miniCycle, starting next week).

 

sPL/SE1 (deload 3x6 seconds) 

- yes I'm working with that level and doing warm ups here and there with prior Planche routines (as a few of you gymnastic vets have advised me to do) such as spl/pe5 (which helped with 'packing' on pressure to my arms (and getting to know 'hollow back', how it really feels (especially after the fact), which may have helped with my recovery (as I was practicing since last Wednesday, just off the top of my head)).  

 

HBP/PE2 (deload 5x8) 

- making sure I get the 'hollow back' feel at the top

 

RC/PE1 (deload 5x8)

- not much to say about this routine, but still working on keeping my legs still as possible and getting proper hinge

 

NOTE: I got the 'packing' idea from somewhere within the Handstand forum, as one packs pressure on ones shoulders.  That actually help me in some form of recovery with my left shoulder from Crossfit.  And of course learning from that past mistake, I'd rather be the tortoise.  See you at the finish line.

 

And yes, I understand this is 'Endurance' type of training, but again 'Form' is important.  

 

One thing I'm glad to know about going through F7, within the month of April, is that I still had energy to spare (ie my martialArts training (shadowBoxing) was on for around 3 hours at a time (last I remembered)), on off days of course.

kingzlo

And it's not as if I'm going that slow, nor am I taking time to rest.  Maybe the time of rest was to change camera angles to post my form in the 'form check'.  So maybe that was it.  I think the minimum it actually takes me with F7, from memory with my iphone app time, was 1hour 30min, which sounds just right for it took me 45min for F4 today and I'll be working on F3+H1 tomorrow.  That may be longer for I'm on HS/PE4 and I intend to do 2 sets of HS/PE2 & 3, for each, with their mobility.

Mark Collins

I still think you need to speed up between elements. Remember that Coach used these exercises for his athletes with perfect from. There is no way he would let them take this long to do F4. On a deload each element can be done in 5 minutes. Once you are warm you don't need much warm up for each element.

By resting less you will start to get the benefit of the conditioning side of this program.

kingzlo

hmn...  Now that there is the 'form check', has anyone executed a full F7 or split routine in video as of yet.  That would help most 'beginners' in the visual sense.   :idea:

 

In the meantime, I'm going as my body can take me.  Wouldn't make sense to go all fast and sacrifice for form for time, at least not as of yet, I think.

kingzlo

2nd day of for this week of F7.  I didn't start the workout routine as of yet due to writing.  Strangely enough (not really), I was writing about the routine I'm about to execute.  

 

Only issue is I'm not going into it immediately from waking up and I started getting hungry, so I decided to eat a banana.  But there is something about the banana that affects ones workout routine, not sure what it is, so I'm about to find out in about half hour from eating it with water.   :D

 

  1. Soon to come, my writing here (still in construction).
Alexander Egebak
kingzlo said:

 

2nd day of for this week of F7.  I didn't start the workout routine as of yet due to writing.  Strangely enough (not really), I was writing about the routine I'm about to execute.  

 

Only issue is I'm not going into it immediately from waking up and I started getting hungry, so I decided to eat a banana.  But there is something about the banana that affects ones workout routine, not sure what it is, so I'm about to find out in about half hour from eating it with water.   :D

 

  1. Soon to come, my writing here (still in construction).

 

I can support the claim that 1 banana in the morning before a workout and a meal after that does wonders! Hell, at that time I even felt ready for Hungarian  :ph34r:

kingzlo
Mark Collins said:

I still think you need to speed up between elements. Remember that Coach used these exercises for his athletes with perfect from. There is no way he would let them take this long to do F4. On a deload each element can be done in 5 minutes. Once you are warm you don't need much warm up for each element.

By resting less you will start to get the benefit of the conditioning side of this program.

Ok, so Monday it took me 1:17:54:68, according to my iphone stop timer.  Today may have been earlier, for I felt the workout in a faster, yet still concentrated, way.

 

Alexander Egebak said:

2 hours is a very long time for F7. A few members have kept it at 45 minutes without any additional rest time.

 

But it is a good idea to do the split routine if you feel like you cannot recover well enough with F7.

I almost went there with the split after Monday for I felt it more around the back of my shoulders, not pain, but muscles asking for recovery (especially after doing HS/PE4 (with 1 rep warmup of PE 2 and 3) on Tuesday).  Yesterday, Wednesday, I was completely relaxed (@ least I wasn't working out).  And today, as I was working out, thankfully I seemed to have recovered with a good nights sleep.

 

So fortunately, I don't have to go there with spitting the routine.  My thoughts now actually is a goal to do F7 3 times a week.  I know, too early for that (1 day on ,1 day off, throughout the week (with two days for the week to even it all out), will be later than any time soon).  Only my body (with building more neuromuscular strength, putting in more reps, etc.) will tell me when to handle all that work with recover sooner than later.  At this time it's 2-3 days of rest between workouts of F7.  

 

Oh and HS/PE4 tomorrow again.  So that's 2 days GST on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 2 days off (for now).

kingzlo
Alexander Egebak said:

I can support the claim that 1 banana in the morning before a workout and a meal after that does wonders! Hell, at that time I even felt ready for Hungarian  :ph34r:

Yeah, it actually did work out for me.  I wasn't hungry during my workout or anything.  I have to think before thinking to keep it like that vs. going at the workout almost as soon as I wake up.  Since the next F7 is 3 days from now (Monday), I have time to think about it, maybe do research here on other forums on how others felt in similar scenarios, or simply wait for a reply or two...  And of course meditate on it as I write and/or simply meditate.

kingzlo
louieclemente said:

I do F7 and including warming up, some mild stretching and then my actual workout, it usually takes me about two hours as well.

I workout in my universitys gym at rather busy hours (usually between 19:00-21:00) though, meaning that more often than not I get that "excess rest" unintentionally while waiting for whatever spot I need next to be free to use.

Hey Louie, taking time with rest is not helping with GST.  It took me around that 2 hour time frame because I was feeling tired periodically so I may have gone slower than fellow GSTers.  As I was straight focused on my workout routine today, most likely took me less than an hour vs. 1hr17mins. on Monday.

Leonhard Krahé

Well, my actual "workout" workout without warming up etc. takes much less time, of course. But as I said, I sometimes have to wait for someone to finish their set so I can use that space to hang my rings or whatever, which of course makes my rest time longer unintentionally. I have to take the time on a stopwatch though.

kingzlo

Hey Louie, look forward to making room for yourself to train GST as your supposed to train.  If I had gym membership and didn't have my stand alone pullup/dip bar(s... It's a few bars put together as a stand alone anywhere.  Also well worth it for it needs little space for it when taken apart.  And of course it's little space, taken from it, when its put together.)

kingzlo
Mark Collins said:

I still think you need to speed up between elements. Remember that Coach used these exercises for his athletes with perfect from. There is no way he would let them take this long to do F4. On a deload each element can be done in 5 minutes. Once you are warm you don't need much warm up for each element.

By resting less you will start to get the benefit of the conditioning side of this program.

I hear what your saying Mark.  I'm looking forward to 'perfect form' in time.  I still got some work to do for I'm in toddler form right now, lol.

 

I see you mention deload taking about 5 minutes (I'm guessing you mean each).  I timed my Monday (F7) workout on my phone and got these numbers (not for pushup routine for I was focused on going there and finishing off with pull routine):

  1. 10:27.55
  2. 17:15.44
  3. 25:22.33
  4. 36:27.42
  5. 50:21.80
  6. (didn't stop timer here)
  7. 1:17:54.68

I didn't get any numbers from yesterdays routine (same routine F7), but was going faster so the time I'm sure was much less.  This Monday coming, I'm going to hit the timer and stop it at the very end to get the time results.  (as my body is getting stronger and able to move faster after going through either new routines or "the same ol'" in better form.)

 

Handstands on Tuesday took 27:35.72.  This includes HS/PE2 (1set each max rep), HS/PE3 (1 set towards max rep), and HS/PE4 (towards mastery 2nd week on Block 3).