This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE4 - Arch up 5x6r

Started by Murray Truelove, April 12, 2015 · 10 Replies · 396 Views

Murray Truelove

Form check after going back to PE1 due to update. Felt like I could have done 5x10r but thought I'd post a form check before progressing onto 5x10r.

 

Feedback welcome.

 

Jason Dupree

other than not being able to go down all the way, looks good to me, and good makeshift rig lol. There's room for a little more arch and ROM at the top, but passing is horizontal I believe so you are definitely good there.

Murray Truelove
Jason Dupree said:

other than not being able to go down all the way, looks good to me, and good makeshift rig lol. There's room for a little more arch and ROM at the top, but passing is horizontal I believe so you are definitely good there.

Cheers, I was looking at PE5 and the ROM is definitely more than I'm showing so I'll try and go higher as I approach 5x10r.

Awesssss

Engaging in ppt with squeezed glutes and thinking about pulling forward will put your lower back in a much more safer position. I tend to feel it a lot in my lower back at top position and following the above cues help. But maybe you're a beast, and you don't need this tip. :)

Murray Truelove
Hollow Man said:

Engaging in ppt with squeezed glutes and thinking about pulling forward will put your lower back in a much more safer position. I tend to feel it a lot in my lower back at top position and following the above cues help. But maybe you're a beast, and you don't need this tip. :)

I squeeze my glutes at the top position but I'll give it a go squeezing throughout the whole movement. I don't feel it a lot in my lower back but that might be because before the update I was doing 5x15r. 

Destiny

lol going to need some info on that setup.

 

is it just a strap looped around the couch?

Mats Trane

Haha! Thats the way I had my set up as well. My wife was not impressed :)

Cole Dano
Mats Trane said:

Haha! Thats the way I had my set up as well. My wife was not impressed :)

 

Well I am, great set up!

Murray Truelove
Destiny said:

lol going to need some info on that setup.

is it just a strap looped around the couch?

It's my old karate belt anchored onto the pull-out bed in the couch.

Murray Truelove
Mats Trane said:

Haha! Thats the way I had my set up as well. My wife was not impressed :)

My GF has made it categorically clear that I'll be replacing the sofa by myself should I break it.

vannybute

One thing: try to engage the glutes very hard. This will stop hyperextension which can damage your back if done really repetitively (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure).