This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE12 is Awesome!

Started by Nash, April 11, 2015 · 9 Replies · 855 Views

Nash

Seriously, everything you've been learning before PE12 is just to prepare you for the awesomeness that you're going to discover in PE12.

 

Things I've learned from just 1.5 months into it:

 

1. Glutes & Abs are the Yin & Yang of balance. They counter each other to keep you straight and balanced. When you feel like you're underbalancing increase the contraction in your glutes a bit. When over balancing increase contraction in abs abit. But both are contracted at all times.

 

2. Your writs do the same as #1, but they're faster acting, so you start to counter with them until your glutes or abs catch up. They also do wonders for little corrections that don't require bigs muscles.

 

3. Almost everything becomes about micro corrections. If you let your mind go and just notice, you'll feel like you're watching a play where each actor is doing their own thing, and at the same time they're helping make the whole show work. 

 

4. Don't ever force yourself into position if you over balance into a point of no return. Just fall gracefully. I hurt my right wrist last week because I just didn't want to fall. This is much easier said than done when you're at  second 35 of 36 and you lost form because of a insignificant reason. But do it anyway unless you want to take 3 weeks off.

 

 

Take these with a grain of salt. They're my personal observations.

 

 

-Nash

Alexander Egebak

Great observations Nash, I look forward to be getting there!

Nash

Hey all,

 

Any idea what it is that's messing up my form?

 

I suspect either loss of PPT (tired abs) or something that has to do with my shoulder blades (they're popping up more in the after picture).

 

Thanks!

 

Before (@ ~00:15s):

post-6337-0-64422100-1432434896_thumb.pn

 

After (@ ~00:30s):

post-6337-0-15223600-1432434929_thumb.pn

Coach Sommer

Your middle and lower traps fatigued out in the later part of the set.  This is why you were no longer able to keep your ribs pulled in and back flat.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Nash

FINALLY! Trap strength is catching up after months of work @ 1day/week.

 

One more set next week at 36s and then cranking it up to 42s.

 

Current workout routine is 45 minutes: 5 sets of 36s. 4xWrists. 10r U-dislocates. 10r O-dislocates.

 

Keilani Gutierrez

duuuuuuuude! :D

I'm happy for ya!

Nash
Keilani Gutierrez said:

duuuuuuuude! :D

I'm happy for ya!

Thanks man! I'm still learning from PE12. Great progression.

Bro'

I'm stealing your idea for the forearm rest.  :lol:

Nash
Bro said:

I'm stealing your idea for the forearm rest.  :lol:

LOL. Another thing that you might want to steal that's been helping a lot is placing a tablet with a live feed in front of you. I bought a cheap live streaming camera for under $50 and boom! Live corrections. It will mess you up at first, but you'll adjust after several sets.

 

post-6337-0-48283500-1447173773_thumb.pn

Bro'

Yeah, I tried doing that with my phone and my laptop for planche leans but the wifi reception in the room where I train is horrible so it just blocks most of the time. Doesn't work much better with bluetooth. I'd need to buy a PLC plug to enhance the wifi signal.

 

But I agree this is a tremendous help!