This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Another Form Check For FL/PE2

Started by HB_Ron, April 10, 2015 · 6 Replies · 104 Views

HB_Ron

I've "wasted" 4 months of no progress with FL/PE2, so I went back to PE1. I will soon reach mastery again.

I tried to perform a few sets of rocks to understand if this is the form I should keep.

 

Any advice please? I beg of you guys- I hate this devilish exercise! PE4&6 look much easier in terms of technique  <_<

Awesssss

No, I don't think those are correct ones. Look at the difference in the course video..

 

You're not engaging PPT, you crunch up. You should first PPT, tense your body while you're on the floor. then rise and rock.

HB_Ron
Hollow Man said:

No, I don't think those are correct ones. Look at the difference in the course video..

 

You're not engaging PPT, you crunch up. You should first PPT, tense your body while you're on the floor. then rise and rock.

Ohhh, I think I get it now..! I've watched the demo video too many times and never thought the problem would be with PPT though.

I tried to do each step one after another. Is it better? :)

 

Thanks ;)

 

P.s I noticed that my tempo is about twice slower than the gymnast

Samin Ishtiaq

PPT, and tense the rest of your body too. Arms, Legs. It all helps!

Jon Douglas

You are way too high. The angle of your hips is about 90 degrees. Open your hips, get that angle much closer to 180.

Think about getting 'long' with your body, not crunching. Stay with PE1 until you fix this up :)

HB_Ron
Samin Ishtiaq said:

PPT, and tense the rest of your body too. Arms, Legs. It all helps!

 

Hey Samin, I did PPT.. I wasn't arching my back(APT)

Could you please explain?

Jon Douglas said:

You are way too high.

Think about getting 'long' with your body, not crunching.

Do you mean that I rise too much to get the momentum for the rock?

 

I took a few screenshots :

My FL/PE1 looks pretty good to me compared to these photos, but I'll stay with it even after I reach mastery like you recommend until I fix PE2.

post-8384-0-35591800-1428747459_thumb.pnpost-8384-0-32705100-1428747472_thumb.pnpost-8384-0-78225500-1428747482_thumb.pn

 
Jon Douglas said:

The angle of your hips is about 90 degrees. Open your hips, get that angle much closer to 180.

Think about getting 'long' with your body, not crunching. Stay with PE1 until you fix this up  :)

I guess this is meant for PE2 since my hips are more than 90 degrees in PE1.

So basically in the beginning I need to place my feet far away so that my angle will be closer to 180.. Right?

Also, I don't understand why "crunching" is considered wrong? Wasn't the athlete crunching in the demo too?

 

 

post-8384-0-45438800-1428747516_thumb.pnpost-8384-0-07737800-1428747525_thumb.pn

 

Thank you very much! I will post another video when my form gets better :)

Samin Ishtiaq

The first thing I noticed in the video was your arms seemed a bit ...flappy. Might not actually be the case, looks like it to me.