Hi all,
I have been working on FL for quite sometime now, specifically for it only for the past 6 months. I started from the basic progression, tuck FL to adv FL to one legged FL. My routine includes FL hold, one leg raises, adv tuck pull ups, negatives and weighted pull up.
I was pulling at around 6X5 40% additional bodyweight pull ups, then at 4X5 at 35%. I was working this routine for like 2 months before I have no access to gym. After that, my new routine is every mon, wed, fri.
Currently, I am able to hold a piked FL, but only after I have rested over the weekends or so. Here is the link:
Q1) Is my lats too weak or my abs too weak to hold the FL position or both?
Here is another link with the help of a band at my hips, which i believe to be the correct scapula positioning
Q2) Is my abs too weak or my scapula retraction strength is not strong enough? I can never really understand how to get a flat back during a FL, my body always seem to protracted alot even in a adv tuck postiion. How way to improve this or some technique?
Q3) When doing a one legged FL, my hips always seem not parallel along with my shoulder and legs .
Q4) I read the forums that retracting your scapula into a slightly protracted back is the most efficient postiion to hold the FL. Is there any reason behind it and does that mean improving and learning this retraction will help in my FL hold?
Q5) Any suggestion to a workout routine? Have been doing the stated routine above for like 2 months which havent see much progress.
Recently, have been focusing on FL too much, that i neglected my push like planche and such. SO really hope to get my FL down so i can work on the next skill.
Cheers!