This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/Pe6 iM - Back loses Arch on bottom

Started by Kenji, April 8, 2015 · 3 Replies · 94 Views

Kenji

Hi All,

 

I can't keep my back arched at the bottom of this iM:

 

 

Noticed my lower back is protracted - It feels more like a hamstring stretch for me. The athlete in the demo video maintains an arched back all the way through

 

https://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/hbp-pe6-im/

 

Am I unable to proceed with this iM due to poor hip mobility? Let me know your thoughts.

 

Thanks gents,

-Kenji 

Kasper Stangerup

I don't think you are supposed to arch during this iM. Arching will lessen the stretch in the shoulder, and it is specifically mentioned in the focus points to keep the back flat and the ribs pulled in.

Cole Dano

The reason your arching is most likely due to tight hamstrings. The solution with that set up is simple, raise the bar one or two levels higher.

Kenji

Thanks gents. Noted on both comments and will raise the bar a a couple levels.

 

Best regards,

-Kenji