This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2 and PE2-im

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, April 7, 2015 · 2 Replies · 51 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I know that I faltered on the twisting squats a little bit. I realized that rubber soles on rubber matting don't allow for the smoothest twist. Normally I perform these barefoot or in shoes on a polished dancefloor. I've also seen people perform the 'Cossack squat' with their extended leg on the ground. In the video, the gymnast doesn't and the movement tips don't mention it being necessary for mastery. Thoughts?

 

 

HB_Ron

Don't wear shoes for SLS/PE2-iM(and at any of SLS exercises if possible). If my ankle couldn't take movements like twisting, turning and rolling of the foot then sh!t on me lol.  Twisting sqauts are meant to properly prepare the ankles and prevent future injuries. The shoes you're wearing reduce the load from the feet.

 

Personally I don't like wearing shoes at all, but if I must then I'll put barefoot/minimalist shoes.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Hmm. Hadn't considered that. Of note, they are indoor soccer shoes. Meaning they don't provide much support, however, much is not the same as any. I'll try the SLS progressions again on Friday without shoes (though I do the twisting squats at home when sitting or after yoga and the result is actually more fluid) and see how it goes. 

 

Were there any other comments though, regarding form and tecnique?