This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Difficulties With Narrow and Wide Hurdler Stretch

Started by sean, April 7, 2015 · 3 Replies · 286 Views

sean

First issue is with my bent knee in both wide and narrow positions. Whether close to leg or out as wide as I can I get a twinge or some kind of uncomfortable (maybe twisting?) feeling  in the joint with these positions. With narrow hurdler I can let it off by letting it drift a bit or lean a bit away( which I leaning away probably isn't the answer).

 

In wide if I bring it in closer, less 90, it seems to like that better. Should I start with ranges that feel right and progress in and away as tolerated? Or am I doing something wrong maybe? I don't have any pre-existing knee issues I'm aware of so I'm thinking its poor mobility in the joint? No issues with anything to do with foundations either that cause this.

 

I also can't seem to bend forward much at all with the narrow hurdler. Pretty much upright in position if I try to put the knee where it should be beside the other. At this time I have to use a block to help lean up right in the right direction. Should I keep working on this in this way?  

 

 

As an aside is there a reason the stretches are not labeled individually by their SE name on their pages like foundations are? 

 

Thanks for any suggestions,

Coach Sommer

Sit up on a mat, cushion or pillow with your folded knee on the ground next to you to reduce the torque as necessary.  Over time, simply gradually reduce the height of the elevation used.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

sean

Thanks Coach for personally responding to my question given your busy schedule. Direction noted and will be implemented at next attempt. Torque....makes sense to me now why I'm having issues.

Coach Sommer

My pleasure, Sean.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer