This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about equipment for SL/PE4-PE6

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, April 6, 2015 · 7 Replies · 232 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

In my gym there is this equipment.

post-10847-142834494056_thumb.jpg

I wonder if I could use it for all arch up elements SL/PE4 , PE5 and PE6. I know that this way my legs will be inclined, and not horizontal, just like in the video demonstration. Could it be a problem for the correct execution? Is it essential that my legs should be kept horizontal or could I use keep them oblique as well?

Thank you!

Joshua Slocum

When I use one of those machines, I find arch-ups are significantly easier. I think it is because the closer the legs get to horizontal, the deeper into your back's ROM you have to go in order to perform a complete rep. So my recommendation would be to get a buddy to hold your legs while you do archups, or figure out another solution. 

Alan Tseng

Someone holding your legs is definitely the best. First time I did it, I had trouble after 3rd rep

Awesssss

Something I find challenging (when you don't have the equipment or a friend) is laying prone on the floor and anchoring your legs onto something and then rise! This works best for a static hold at the top. It's an half arch body hold. :)

 

You can also just lift your legs and hold, doing them in a straddle will really help with glute activation.

Oompa2
Joshua Slocum said:

When I use one of those machines, I find arch-ups are significantly easier. I think it is because the closer the legs get to horizontal, the deeper into your back's ROM you have to go in order to perform a complete rep. So my recommendation would be to get a buddy to hold your legs while you do archups, or figure out another solution. 

The machine at my gym is a horizontal version of this. I Note a partner is the gold plated solution, but if the machine is horizontal would it be a close silver?

Joshua Slocum
Oompa2 said:

The machine at my gym is a horizontal version of this. I Note a partner is the gold plated solution, but if the machine is horizontal would it be a close silver?

If the machine is horizontal, you're golden.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
Joshua Slocum said:

When I use one of those machines, I find arch-ups are significantly easier. I think it is because the closer the legs get to horizontal, the deeper into your back's ROM you have to go in order to perform a complete rep. So my recommendation would be to get a buddy to hold your legs while you do archups, or figure out another solution.

Alan Tseng said:

Someone holding your legs is definitely the best. First time I did it, I had trouble after 3rd rep

OK , I got the point.

Actually there is another equipment on which I can put my legs horizontal, but it is placed in a very tight place [emoji16] . No problem for SL/PE4, because I have only to move up and down...

Anyway I tried SL/PE6 at this equipment.

The view is not ideal, but how do you find my form?

Thank you

http://youtu.be/DVxlpX_3lSE

gmthebeau
Joshua Slocum said:

If the machine is horizontal, you're golden.

Hoist fitness makes, or at least use to make, a version of this where the leg piece is adjustable to horizontal (or even higher) and adjusts in and out.  I have it and it works great.  Home gamers might want to see if its still for sale or check craigslist.