Hello all,
Making my way through H1 and was just wondering if I had to complete it in its entirety before starting H2 or could you conceivable start using H2 somewhere in the middle of H1?
Thanks in advance!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Zane Christopher, April 5, 2015 · 10 Replies · 598 Views
Hello all,
Making my way through H1 and was just wondering if I had to complete it in its entirety before starting H2 or could you conceivable start using H2 somewhere in the middle of H1?
Thanks in advance!
See the "Where to Start?" section of the Press to Handstand information at
https://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/h-perfect/
Basically, no specific elements of pressing until you have mastered H1 SE7...
Enjoy!
That's interesting. I thought that it has been said a few times in the forum that one should not start H2 until F2 is mastered? So that is not the case anymore and doing the H2 PE's would be fine even when still working on F1?
If you look at the Getting Started post on the public forums at:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/12862-the-gymnasticbodies-roadmap-and-curriculum/
you will see that Handstand 2 has prerequisites = F1, F2 and corequisites = H1, F3
So, I am not sure if any of the H2 PEs should be attempted before finishing F2.
Please wait until one of the knowlegeable moderators chime in before proceeding...
I believe that you can start the preparatory elements if you have finished F2.
The specific elements, you're not allowed to begin them unless you have a 30s+ handstand.
To make any meaningful progress in H2 you'll need 30s HS plus completion of F2. Otherwise you will just be spinning your wheels.
The pre-reqs for the courses are set up to achieve two goals.
1) Establish that you have the proper physical preparation to begin the next set of major milestones, and that you are SAFE to do so.
2) Insure that you will be able to progress at a reasonable rate. In other words you will be able to get past step one.
As always, take care of basics first, it saves time in the long run.
Got it, totally understandable. Just making sure as press handstand training looks so amazing to me. Going to be awhile before I get to it then. Thank you for all your input!
it looks amazing but tell us your opinion again after the hips and traps cramping ![]()
Maybe I've misunderstood it, but I think part 2 comes once you've finished part 1. ![]()
You have slightly misunderstood; see above and in the H2 course material ![]()
Jon Douglas said:You have slightly misunderstood; see above and in the H2 course material
I was being a little facetious. I couldn't resist the opportunity. I know you can start H2 once you have 30 second HS and have finished F2.