This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN SE13>iM Help

Started by Luke Hammond, April 5, 2015 · 2 Replies · 135 Views

Luke Hammond

I am coming up to SE13 after the end of a deload phase this week, and recently (two weeks ago) had a go at the iM for it. I am a bit confused about a) the how to get into position/distance of hands from wall; and b) what I should be focusing on in terms of pressing upwards.

 

When I tried it, I found it difficult to get into position, to the point of falling backwards when I tried pressing up. When I didn't fall backwards, I went absolutely nowhere. As a result, I have started adding active/passive flexibility in the pike position (Weighted pike, pike pulses etc.) but am a bit stuck on what I should do to build the strength for the press part of the movement. Shoulder flexibility is good from the last iM, but I think the unfamiliarity of the press is getting me.

 

I read on a post by FalseGrip in Australia on Facebook that Ag walks would be good, but I am a bit stuck for space in my apartment to do those for any further than 15ft max.

 

Cheers,

Luke

Alessandro Mainente

The idea is exactly to counter balance the backward movement by retracting the scapulas and pushing the hips forward. a way to get into the position is move the butt in contact with the wall . put the hands at a the distance that correspond to shoulders-hips distance or a bit more.

Luke Hammond

Thanks Alessandro,

 

I have started walking up the wall from the piked position, holding a 3s isometric at the top, and then slowly lowering down to the bottom position - for reps. I am going to work up to 5x5 before attempting the full wall slide. Niels Joergensen gave me that advice on Facebook, and I am definitely feeling an increase in strength since starting that. Aside from the compression needed, a good pancake (which is still quite distant for me) solid wall slides, and the MSH, is that about it for holding the Manna?

 

Luke