One arm Elbow Lever

Started by LongNTLe, April 5, 2015 · 3 Replies · 1,504 Views

LongNTLe

I could comfortably do the double arms elbow lever on ground. However, the one arm version is really difficult for me. I wonder if anyone could share their experience and progression for this hold? 

chuchodani

I think a good approach could be train it like training for a OAHS, put one arm at your hip and the other one by your side, start to balance on your fingertips and eventually work on substracting fingers.

Alexander Egebak

If you have something to stack but is still small enough to remove in small increments you can use that to progressively remove one of the arms from the movement.

 

This might seem clumsy but it is the only specific approach I can come up with. General strength in triceps, chest, traps and anterior deltoids along with your core would be your goal.

 

Remember to train both sides.

Micawberian

I like the recommendation forum member Handbalancer has suggested. Start with sub-par technique with wobbling bent legs and bending arm etc and focus on getting used to the balance. From there just slowly start correcting your technique and you should be able to progress just fine.