Backtuck enhancement

Started by Systemic, April 5, 2015 · 2 Replies · 981 Views

Systemic

Hello,

 

I learned how to do a backtuck on my own a few years ago but the technique was awfully wrong and still is. I got used to jumping backwards instead of upwards and now whenever I attempt it I gain distance instead of height and most of the time I don't land properly. Bare in mind that even though I learned it a few years ago, I barely practice it.

 

What drills can I do to start doing a proper backtuck? I also don't high that high of a jump (just putting it out there)

 

thanks

katlinchen

Imagine there is a wall behind you and really force yourself to jump up not back.

The probably most common mistake I see in back tucks that are travelling too far back is sticking the head out. Make sure you look straight ahead, the head in a neutral position. Even at the take off you should still be looking straight ahead and not arching back!


 

 

Kai.L

Also, try doing it on a visible line on the floor and spot the landing to land on the same spot everytime