This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Back To FL/PE1 - Form Check

Started by HB_Ron, April 4, 2015 · 12 Replies · 265 Views

HB_Ron

For some reason it's very hard for me to get used to Bent Hollow Body Rocks(PE2). Maybe I performed FL/PE1 incorrectly and moved on to PE2 too soon..

 

I want to make sure if form is good. Any advice is highly appreciated! :)

chuchodani

Looks good to me ! Maybe someone could see something different.

HB_Ron
chuchodani said:

Looks good to me ! Maybe someone could see something different.

Thanks chunchodani ! I uploaded more sets from a LOW angle, but the form is still the same as in the video above.

I had to complete 4X48sec , but my countings were pretty bad. 

Set #1 : 67 seconds

Set #2 : 48 seconds

Set #3 : 60 seconds

Set #4 : 54 seconds

 

Any thoughts?

 

P.s When I reach mastery and begin training FL/PE2 AGAIN , I'll definitely keep 5X60s of FL/PE1 once a week so that all this work wouldn't be for nothing !

brown.3794

I find a metronome helps with counting. There are a bunch of free ones for smart phones

HB_Ron
brown.3794 said:

I find a metronome helps with counting. There are a bunch of free ones for smart phones

I meant to look for it last week but the name slipped my mind! Thank you :D

Awesssss

If you look closely, you will see that your middle back is far more flat than your lower back. I think you have tight hip flexors.

Alessandro Mainente

I prefer hips at 90°. Bu if you match exactly the video of foundations, it is fine! 

Cole Dano
Hollow Man said:

If you look closely, you will see that your middle back is far more flat than your lower back. I think you have tight hip flexors.

 

 

Since the hips are piked in this, tight hip flexors aren't going to factor in.

 

Everything looks fine. Just remember the camera won't turn off if you don't look at it every few seconds ;)

Awesssss
Cole Dano said:

Since the hips are piked in this, tight hip flexors aren't going to factor in.

 

Everything looks fine. Just remember the camera won't turn off if you don't look at it every few seconds ;)

If you are tucking your legs into your chest aren't the hips piked then? But if you have tight hip flexors you won't be able to tuck your legs into your chest completely?

 

But still, you can clearly see the his lower back isn't completely on the floor. What ever is tight, needs to be fixed. He even said that he's having a hard time with bent hollow body rocks, that is because he can't keep his lower back completely flat on the ground so it causes bumps.

Cole Dano
If you are tucking your legs into your chest aren't the hips piked then?

 

Yes, that's what I said, in tuck HBH hips are piked.

 

 

 if you have tight hip flexors you won't be able to tuck your legs into your chest completely?

 

No, hips flexors and abs pull the knees to the chest. There may be mobility issues if one can't do this, but it's not specifically a hip flexor problem.

 

But still, you can clearly see the his lower back isn't completely on the floor.

 

 

Are we looking at the same video, because I'm seeing a flat back. 

Awesssss

If you look closely at the video, you will see that the middle back has much less black space than his lower back.

 

regarding the tuck position, I mean grabbing your legs and tucking them into your chest, I find that stretching my hip flexors allows me a greater tuck.

Cole Dano

The black space is a shadow cast by the natural curvature of the lower torso, it can sometimes be deceiving but there is one clue, his lower butt is off the floor.

 

Both Alex and my self gave the OP a thumbs up, believe it or not we've both actually worked with 100's of people in real life on this and have a fair idea of what to look for. :)

chuchodani
alex87 said:

I prefer hips at 90°. Bu if you match exactly the video of foundations, it is fine! 

Alex, why do you prefer hips at 90° ?