Why is there no Boy's Gymnastic Team in High School?

Started by Bob Sanders, August 12, 2009 · 30 Replies · 8,221 Views

Bob Sanders

I'll give it a try. Maybe call the sports director and ask them. It would be kinda cool to be the only guy. :wink: But I would have to be insane good. Not necessarily elite but a little better just to prove that i can be on the team. Any advice right here and now on this would be great as it seems to fit the subject and making another post would be a hassle re-explaining everything. I am working nonstop right now on the "Planche" and " Lever" Progression along with Handstand nonstopI :x (This is supposed to be a "determined face" )

Blairbob

Don't set your expections to have to be insanely good as realistic. It takes time. Of course, strength/power, flexibility, and coordination and awareness will help. A good video camera will as well, like one of those handheld ones that cost about 100 dollars.

Bob Sanders
Blairbob said:
Don't set your expections to have to be insanely good as realistic. It takes time. Of course, strength/power, flexibility, and coordination and awareness will help. A good video camera will as well, like one of those handheld ones that cost about 100 dollars.

Well not insanely but insanely better them now if that make sense. lol :wink: Coach Sommer do you think they will allow to add a men event for me if they do decide to let me compete with them? I mean the men's even do have some same parts as the women event's like the high bar and the vault and the floor routines. What do you think?

Blairbob

One of the problems probably has to do with men's scoring vs women's scoring even under HS rules. Different skills are valued differently. I'm not too familiar about how HS rules compete but it seemed a lot like the USAIGC scoring especially in regards to levels.

Women's UB isn't Men's HB. Vault settings can be different as well.

I wouldn't count on it.

If you really want to be like a gymnast and can't, train for polevault or maybe diving.

Bob Sanders

I am still trying to find a gymnastic gym that gives classes and compete. Fortunately have found 2. One I sent an email to. The other does not have a website. I am hoping this will lead somewhere.

Blairbob

Whereabouts are you? You can use USA-gymnastics.org's search function to find gyms in your state.