Hello everyone,
I`m a new guy around here, and just to introduce myself-
I`m currently 16 years old, and I have absolutely zero experience with any gymnastics. I`ve never done gymnastics in my entire life. In fact I was only introduced to gymnastics on rings (never used rings btw) a few weeks ago. Actually, I started weightlifting a few months ago, and recently I started researching about strength exercises about weightlifting, and through my research I saw some strength exercises on rings. These looked much cooler, and better to me than weightlifting exercises (bench press, deadlift, squat, etc.). Thus, I`m wanting to switch over to strength exercises on rings, as they interest me much more. I came across a strength move on the rings a few days ago called ``Maltese``, and it appealed to me a lot. I started researching about how to do it, and everything I found talked about how difficult it is. I asked a few people if I can ever get to it, and they said I probably can`t as I have zero experience with rings (and gymnastics) in general. This kind of discouraged me, and I`m starting to think that it`s pretty much worthless to even try as I probably can`t even make it (as most of the people who can do it have probably been training since they were much younger than me).
From further research I found this forum, and I think this is the right place to start. Would you guys say that a 16 year old who has zero experience with rings and gymnastics will ever be able to do the ``Maltese`` on rings?
Thank you.