This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Vote to rename an exercise....

Started by texas_ed, April 1, 2015 · 5 Replies · 389 Views

texas_ed

I think we should rename the twisting squat (SLS/PE2>iM).

 

I propose: the drunken squat!

 

You should see me wobble all over the place as I spin around, and then slowly and unsteadily lower myself, with pauses to regain my balance, before plopping the last foot or so onto my bottom.

 

Huh? Huh? Who's with me??  :D

 

I can't tell if I dislike these more or less than the skiers.... shudder... I hated skiers.... of course they got a lot easier when I realized it was 10 skiers total, not 10 per side... 100 skiers in 20-25 minutes was killing me!  :D

shughes89

Don't sell yourself short.

 

Online forums like this are always in danger of turning into echo chambers of people proclaiming how much they suck. It shoudln't be this way.

 

Work hard, I'm sure it's going to come.

Awesssss

For me Skiers are easy, I don't feel much. The twisting squat on the other hand is very weird to me. What kind of flexbiblity is needed for it?

 

There should be a thread for how to accomplish twisting squats, if there isn't one already!

Sensei JP

I've been doing these since September.  When I started, I couldn't tell you what I was doing wrong: it was as if my legs simply didn't fire in that position.  I had to pile up six textbooks to start the motion.  Over time I started removing books, making my elevated surface lower and lower.  As I learned the motion I quickly got down to four books, but then things slowed down, and I went down a book maybe every six weeks or so.

 

Around Christmas, I discovered that I could do a full twisting squat in my 'natural' cross-legged position, but the other side was still nowhere close.  Just last week, I did my first full set of twisting squats without the elevated surface.  Felt so happy.  I only did three sets, so I have the rest of April to build up the volume and finally master PE2.

 

It wasn't flashy, but it was seven or so months well spent.  Now I get to see how long inside squats will take.  Joy. ;)

vinca_minor

I didn't even know "how I get up from sitting on the ground" was called something until I saw the twisting squats.    My only problem is that I'm not used to getting up 30-50 times in 5-10 minutes.

Dylan Robertson

It's only 10 total!! Well. This will be useful for me to know. I did testing and Nonstop deck squats to skiers back to deck killed me.