This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How much weight for Oblique Stretch?

Started by Alan Tseng, April 1, 2015 · 14 Replies · 441 Views

Alan Tseng

The one I'm talking about are SL/PE4>iM and SL/PE5>iM

Murray Truelove

I'm using 5kg.

Oompa2

I did 16kg the other day (grabbed the closest KettleBell). Worked well.

 

- Callum

Alan Tseng

How intense a stretch do you feel with the chosen weight

Oompa2

It was good :D

Vincearoo

I used 40lbs, but I should probably go more.

Awesssss

You can also straight your non working hand over head to maximize the stretch.

Alan Tseng

Hmm is it really that necessary to move up to such high weights before moving on?

Awesssss

No, not at all! You're suppose to stretch your obliques, not doing a max lift.

Alan Tseng

So what's the minimum before moving on

Mats Trane
Alan Tseng said:

So what's the minimum before moving on

Depends your size. The important thing is to feel a good stretch and get mobility in your oblique

Alan Tseng

Hum.. I guess I'll just build up to 10% of my bodyweight I guess before moving to next element I guess?

 

By the way, the Arch-ups done Foundation style (legs parallel to floor with partner) is worlds harder than a regular archup done on a machine type set-up.  Very shocked about that

Awesssss

Now raise your hands overhead and hold them thightly next to your ears.

 

Feel the difference. Even more so now.

Joshua Slocum

I use 25#. It is more than enough for me.

sean
Alan Tseng said:

Hum.. I guess I'll just build up to 10% of my bodyweight I guess before moving to next element I guess?

 

By the way, the Arch-ups done Foundation style (legs parallel to floor with partner) is worlds harder than a regular archup done on a machine type set-up.  Very shocked about that

When you say machine are you talking the horizontal roman chair type or something else? I have access to the kind where your legs are straight behind you, not on an angle down to the floor like others. Just curious for when I get there if I would be wasting my time on it. Thanks.