This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Beginner question: clarification about reps

Started by Paul Bernard, April 1, 2015 · 3 Replies · 116 Views

Paul Bernard

Hi all,

 

I'm new to F1 and I have a really basic question.

 

For  Seated Russian Twists, what exactly counts as a rep? Is starting with your arms out straight, twisting once to the left, once to the right and coming back to center one complete rep? Or is twisting to the left one rep and twisting to the right another?

 

Does the answer to this question apply to all bilateral exercises (e.g. swivel hips, one arm upright lat lean, etc.)?

 

I'm sure the answer is obvious or listed somewhere. I couldn't find it in the intro articles and I just want to make sure I'm starting things off right.

 

Thanks

Cole Dano

Count each side as a rep, so right plus left = 2 reps.

Awesssss

It's 5x30 reps, so 15 per side. But don't do one side at a time, just 30 reps.

Paul Bernard

Perfect. Thanks guys!