This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

strech courses carryover for "foundation" and non foundation athletes

Started by Maeren, March 31, 2015 · 9 Replies · 542 Views

Maeren

Well i was thinking about buying the courses but first I want to know how exactly can I benefit from it , having said that a friend isn't interested in GST excep the part of the mobility, flexibility and joint prep of it, he isn't interested in ppt or in a ring maltease but want to be mobile and injury free live long , the question is if he would need the IMs of foundation and handstand or stretches would cover is needs? If not what do you guys think I should tell him?

Thanks in advance!

Alexander Egebak

You can tell him that they indeed will cover a lot of ground. If he does weight lifting he can integrate them there and have a pretty good workout.

Keegan

Tell your friend he should care about PPT as developing it greatly increases core strength and decreases his chances of developing lower back pain later in life.

Regarding the courses I have noticed a significant difference in just my general "ease of movement" (both during my Foundation workouts but even more so in every day life) since I started doing them. Keep in mind that I wouldn't have necessarily classified myself as a chronically tight or stiff person prior to starting them and have been doing some form of stretching for years. Nevertheless, the difference is noticeable.

dynamo

The Foundation and Handstand IM's and the Stretch Courses all cover important and different things.  I can feel the different affects from all three and they are all extremely beneficial.

 

Also, keep in mind that if the F and H Courses are followed to the letter, then one will progress slowly through the IM's because they are paired w/ a strength exercise and one is supposed to master the pair together before moving to the next combination IM + strength exercise; whereas the Stretch Courses take you through 24 separate stretches in each course.  The Thoracic Stretch Course also has some strength elements to it near the end of the Course.

 

Still, some people perform some higher level IM's of Foundation and Handstand before they Master the paired lower level IM + strength elements together.  I have not read anywhere where that is an accepted practice of the Courses although I have also not read anywhere where that's a bad thing.

 

If you are serious about moving better and feeling better I recommend buying all three.

Maeren

Ok , I will start saving money¡ and sure i tell my friend and see what we can work on.

Thanks for the replys

xabier.errea

how are Stretch coursed combined with F and H courses during the week?how many days are prescribed?

Cole Dano

You perform each Stretch Course 1x each week at the time of your choosing. Generally AFTER your GST training.

Maeren

But they are 45mins each course or every course is done in a single sesión of 45mins?

Awesssss

You will "train" for front split, middle split and thoracic bridge. Each and one of them takes 45 minutes to finish. But of course just like foundation you don't master a certain PE in 3 months...

Maeren

Wow 45 minutes 3 times per week can be difficult to fit, how about split options?