Hi all!
It is very important for me to clarify some stuffs about planche lean and pseudo planche push ups.
1. The main point is about how much I have to lean to consider sPL/PE5 mastered! I read that for mastery wrists must be in front of the hips. Yet I realized that as I lean even only a bit more/less the difficulty of the exercise increases/decreases a lot! So to be more sure, I would like to have a pic of reference from a side view. Look at the one I posted.![]()
From the top to the low I lean more and more forward! which one of the three pics should be consider a minimal requisite of leaning for mastery? I think the first on the top is too low...but what about the middle pic? Could it be consider sufficient? Or should I move even more forward, just like in the low pic? (In that position I lose protraction quite soon ![emoji16] )
2. Is the leaning requested to be mastered on sPL/PE5 the same as on HBP/PE3 on the top position? Or for pseudo planche push ups is the leaning requested a bit lower?
3. What about height butt: is it correct in the pic (green line)? should it be at the same level of shoulder girdle? Or even more down?
I would like to clarify these points. I know that it is possible to lean more and more forward, but before I move on elevated planche lean and dips I would like to be sure if I reached the minimal requirements of these elements.
Thank you!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
sPL/PE5 and HBP/PE3 questions: lean requested for mastery + butt height
Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, March 31, 2015 · 9 Replies · 469 Views
alex87 said:The lean required must be the one that is followed by a ppp bottom position where the forearm is not vertical but inclined.
ppp evaluation.png
Good to know Alex87!
Just to clarify better this concept, I tried to perform PPP with two differents degrees of leaning.
I posted frames at the starting top position and at the bottom for both leanings.
These are the frames of the first pic:
And These are the frames of PPP with increased leaning.
It looks like in both pics there is an angle with the forearm at the bottom position. Yet In the second pic this angle is definitely greater, and I find the second PPP much more difficult. Infact As I return to the top position, I noticed that my leaning decreases and I pike my hips!
Considering your pic, if I have to follow your form, is the angle I create in the first pic still not sufficient? The second one looks more comparable to yours.
As you stated, the second form (on the right) should be your goal. be sure to hold the same level of lean, angles and scapular position in between the reps.
Clear!! Now I know once for all what is my goal!Thank you Alex! [emoji4]alex87 said:As you stated, the second form (on the right) should be your goal. be sure to hold the same level of lean, angles and scapular position in between the reps.
alex87 said:The lean required must be the one that is followed by a ppp bottom position where the forearm is not vertical but inclined.
ppp evaluation.png
Alex, are we allowed to do the PPP on parallettes ? or to count for mastery it has to be done on floor ?
Parallettes are ok, do note that Alex used mats to bring the level of his feet up to his hands.
Would it make sense to spilt those two PE's on differnt days as I feel always exhausted after doing elevated PLL and afterwards HBP3?
Andre737 said:Would it make sense to spilt those two PE's on differnt days as I feel always exhausted after doing elevated PLL and afterwards HBP3?
It can be an option at the beginning, but ideally you want to have the work capacity to do F7.